GET /metrics/meetings does not provide tracking fields for past meetings

Description
I am using the GET /metrics/meetings endpoint to pull details of past meetings. We have recently added two tracking fields, “Event Meeting Code” and “Event Session Code”, to be able to tie our meetings back to event metrics. I have asked staff to go back into their meetings and add values for past meetings so that we can track the metrics associated with these events. However, these values are not appearing in the return.

My query parameters include:
to: date
include_fields: tracking_fields
type: past
page_size: 300

As an example, for meeting ID [REDACTED], I have added tracking field values after the meeting occurred.

When I call GET /metrics/meetings, the return does not provide values for the tracking fields. It looks like this:

{
            "uuid": "[REDACTED]",
            "id": [REDACTED],
            "topic": "Google Analytics Data QA",
            "host": "[REDACTED]",
            "email": "[REDACTED]",
            "user_type": "Licensed",
            "start_time": "2021-05-14T17:00:38Z",
            "end_time": "2021-05-14T17:24:37Z",
            "duration": "23:59",
            "participants": 2,
            "has_pstn": false,
            "has_voip": false,
            "has_3rd_party_audio": false,
            "has_video": true,
            "has_screen_share": true,
            "has_recording": false,
            "has_sip": false,
            "dept": "Information Technology",
            "tracking_fields": []
        },

I am expecting that the “tracking_fields” section returns this, but it does not:

"tracking_fields": [
                {
                    "field": "Event Meeting Code",
                    "value": "EDU101"
                },
                {
                    "field": "Event Session Code",
                    "value": "EDU101"
                }
            ]

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I am using a JWT app.

Which Endpoint/s?
I am using GET /metrics/meetings.

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Add a custom tracking field to your Zoom instance.
  2. Add tracking field values to a meeting after the meeting has concluded.
  3. Call GET /metrics/meetings for the date range that includes the past meeting. Make sure include_fields is set to tracking_fields.
  4. See that the tracking field values are not included.

Hey @ljohnsonmorris,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Just to clarify, does this only happen with that API? In other words, are you able to see the tracking fields with another API such as the Get Meeting Detail Reports API?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,
When I try to use Get Meeting Detail Reports API, I can see the field names but no values:

With both endpoints, I can see the tracking fields values for other meetings. My theory is that is because these values were added before the meeting occurred but I can’t confirm that at this time.

@ljohnsonmorris

Thanks for testing that and getting back to me. I’ve reached out to our engineering team to see if they can clarify this.

I’ll let you know what I hear. (ZOOM-282542)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @ljohnsonmorris,

Thank you for your patience. Our engineering team got back to me and indicated that the tracking fields are written to the DB when the meeting ends which means that they can’t be set after the meeting.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.