GET /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants Incorrect Documentation

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
GET /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants

Description
I wanted to confirm that the documentation for the /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants endpoint is incorrect about the following information:

Provide registrant_id as the value for this field if you would like to see the registrant ID attribute in the response of this API call. A registrant ID is a unique identifier of a meeting registrant. This is not supported for live meeting types.

From my understanding, registrant_id is included in the response for all participants, including for live meetings, regardless of whether is explicitly requested. Is this correct? In other words, can we rely on registrant_id to continue to be returned in the response for all meetings, live and past?

Error?
N/A

How To Reproduce

1. Hit the /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants endpoint for a live meeting

Expected result (based on documentation): registrant_id is not included in the response for participants

Actual result: registrant_id is included in the response for participants

Hi @sasha.badov
Thanks for reaching out to us.
The registrant_id field will only be populated if the meeting that you are referring to has registration enabled and if participants have registered for it.
If a meeting does not have registration enabled, then the registrant_id will come back as null

Thanks @elisa.zoom, that makes sense and lines up with what I’m seeing. I want to point out that the API documentation is contradictory to what you’ve expressed; specifically, it states: “This field does not return if the type query parameter is the live value.”

As long as we can rely on the registrant_id being returned for all registered participants for all meeting types, that will be sufficient. Thanks again.

Of course, happy to help and I will share this feedback with our Docs team.