Get Meeting Participant Reports Api is not returning "registrant_id"

Description
Get Meeting Participants report is not always returning the “registrant_id

Error
The Get meeting participants report is not always returning the “registrant_id” - even though the query parameter “include_fields=registrant_id” is specified.

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/meetings/85200238216/participants?page_size=300&include_fields=registrant_id
Authentication = OAuth2

How To Reproduce
Request the attendance from ZoomMeetingId: 85200238216 and you will see the only meeting participant (the 2nd record) is missing the “registrant_id

Link to Json Response Text and Screenshot of usage through Postman

Hi @michael.thurston

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum! I am happy to help here!
Let me debug this issue further and I will come back to you with an update shortly.

Best,
Elisa

Hi @michael.thurston

Thank you so much for your patience while I investigate this issue further.
After checking our logs and reaching out to our Engineering team, we found out that there was an issue with the emails and how they are matched to our database.
We found out that there is a mismatch on the email that was used for meeting registration (that included an uppercase) and the one that we get on the meeting report data (does not include an uppercase), that’s the reason why for a specific user you are not getting the registarnt_id.

We are currently working on fixing this issue on the backend so it does not affect the data you get in your response body.
Hope this helps and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.
Best,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Many thanks for investigating this issue and getting back to us with the details over the Christmas period.

Would you be able to let me know once this issue is fixed? We are currently trying to upgrade our application (“Arlo Training Management Software”) to get an additional OAuth scope added to view the participants report, but we got rejected by the Zoom approver because of this issue, so will resubmit our application as soon as it is fixed.

Many thanks,
Michael

Hi @michael.thurston
It is my pleasure to help! I will keep investigating this issue and I will come back to you with a timeline as soon as I hear back from the team.

Best,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.