Get Partipicant list in a meeting in C# Wrapper

Description
How can I access a meeting using C# wrapper? I am using the zoom_sdk_demo sample project. I have created JWT and SDK apps. I first call authenticate the SDK with SDKAuth() using SDK key and secret. I want to access the information in an already created zoom meeting. To do that,

• Should I create a meeting with the same SDK app?
  • Can I access meetings created from my zoom account (without using SDK or API)?
  • Should I join a meeting to access a meeting?
  • Can I access meetings without joining the meeting?
  • I tried to get participants list using, ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingParticipantsController().GetParticipantsList() in both before and after joining a meeting which always returns null. How can I access the meeting?
  • Can you guide me on creating and accessing meeting with c# wrapper?

Which version?
v5.0.24433.0616

1 Like

Hi @sajithkahawatta,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Regarding your questions:

The C# demo app itself does not implement the feature to create a meeting so you may schedule a meeting using other methods such as Zoom API or implement the login and start instant meeting feature in the demo app. You may refer to the implementation in our Windows SDK demo app: GitHub - zoom/zoom-sdk-windows: Zoom Windows SDK

If you would like to get the list of meetings you have created with Zoom client, after you logged-in, you could use ZOOM Windows SDK: IPreMeetingService Class Reference to retrieve a list of meeting you have scheduled.

May I inquire about what is the meaning of “access” here? If you would like to get the meeting data without joining a meeting, you may consider using Zoom API(https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/introduction).

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thank you @carson.zoom, This is really helpful, few more questions,

Yes, I meant getting the meeting data without joining.
If we need to access the meeting data without joining like manage the waiting room. Is it possible with Zoom SDK or API without joining the meeting?

Hi @sajithkahawatta,

Thanks for the reply. If you would like to get meeting-related data without joining a meeting, you will need to leverage Zoom API(https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meeting).

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, I don’t think I understood if there was a way to get the participants list inside a zoom meeting. From @sajithkahawatta it seems that
ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingParticipantsController().GetParticipantsList()
Doesn’t work or wasn’t used properly?

The Question

• How can we get participants in the meeting with the ZOOM Client SDK

Hey @ekaram,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

You are correct that GetParticipantsList is the function to get the list of participants in the meeting.
What is that method returning when you call it?

Thanks!
Michael

Hey Michael,
I also seem to be getting null. It’s returning an empty array. This is how I’m calling it. Please note that I’m using C#

public void onUserNameChanged(UInt32 userId, string userName)
{
Console.WriteLine(userName);
Console.WriteLine(userId);
Array users = ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingParticipantsController().GetParticipantsList();
Console.WriteLine(String.Join(“\n”, users));
}

1 Like

never mind The mistake was in the print
we had to do it in the following manner

public void onUserNameChanged(UInt32 userId, string userName)
{
Console.WriteLine(userName);
Console.WriteLine(userId);
Array users = ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingParticipantsController().GetParticipantsList();
foreach (var item in users)
{
Console.WriteLine(item.ToString());
}
}

2 Likes

Hey @ekaram,

Ah, I see. I have made the same mistake many times :slight_smile:
Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like