Get registrants for past/expired meetings

I’m seeking to get the number of registrants for Zoom meetings.

I can get registrants for current meetings (upcoming and in the past month) using GET /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants for current/scheduled meetings HOWEVER I can’t seem to find a way to get registrants for past/expired meetings (before a month ago).

I don’t need all the registrants’ details, I only need the total number of registrants per meeting.

Is this possible?

Hi @hustlecrew,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question.

To clarify, you will not be able to capture registrant information for expired meetings (scheduled meetings that have past and haven’t been used in 30+ days). You will only be able to get registrant information for meeting IDs that are still active, using the List Meeting Registrants API.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
Will

Hello. I’m new here and I want to make sure I clearly understand the List Meeting Registrants API. I have a meeting ID where I want capture the meeting registrants. My expectation is that I will have two (2) registration list. The first meeting was on 2/16/2021. The second meeting was on 5/18/2021. When I access the GET /meetings/[meetingid]/registrants I only get this list for what I believe to be the 5/18/2021 meeting HOWEVER, if I go through (manually) the web portal, I have access to both lists. Is this due to what you mentioned “you will not be able to capture registrant information for expired meetings (scheduled meetings that have past and haven’t been used in 30+ days)”?

Hi @crowleyb,

Great question! In order to get the registrants for a specific instance of a meeting, you will need to add the occurrence_ids query parameter to your request URL.

Note that you’re correct in that if a meeting hasn’t been held in the last 30 days, it will have expired and won’t be possible to query via Meeting ID.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Note: This post has been edited for clarity.

Thanks. I just used the UUID for the two meetings I mentioned in my original message and I receive the 300 error, invalid meeting ID.

Hi @crowleyb,

Thanks for sharing—can you confirm the meeting has registration enabled, and can you try double encoding the UUID? Let me know if you still see the issue.

Thanks!
Will

Yes. The meetings have registration enabled. As I previously mentioned, you can download these two registration listings from the web portal. What do you mean by double encoding the UUID?

{“meetings”:[{“uuid”:“Ko66Wv3kTuac1[removed last 11 chars]”,“start_time”:“2021-05-18T14:41:42Z”},{“uuid”:“YZsoKUnySJSeM[removed last 11 chars]”,“start_time”:“2021-02-16T15:56:09Z”}]}

This is waht is returned from my capturing the UUID from the friendly meeting ID value. I removed the last 11 chars for both results for security purposes.

Good morning @will.zoom - any thoughts on what I provided?

Hey @crowleyb,

I just sent you a private message for some more details.

Thanks!
Will

Hi @crowleyb,

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you. I’ve provided an exact example for your meeting in DMs, but wanted to update this thread for future reference.

I misspoke in my previous post when I referenced the UUID. To retrieve registrants for a past meeting, you will need to pass the meeting ID in the request URL, and add the occurrence_id for the past meeting as a query parameter.

To retrieve a list of occurrence_ids for past instances of a meeting, you can call the GET Meeting API with the following query parameter:
https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meetingId}?show_previous_occurrences=true

This will return an array of occurrences for that meeting. You will grab this from that response and then make a request to the List Registrants API with this value:
https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meetingId}/registrants?occurrence_id={occurrenceId}

This should return the information you’re looking for, and apologies for any confusion!

Thanks,
Will

Thanks! I will look into what you provided and give you an update.

No problem, let us know if you run into any other questions about this. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.