GET /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants returning an empty participants response

Hello Zoom support community,

I know things have changed a bit since with the some policies within the Zoom API and I apologize in advance if I bring up an issue already mentioned elsewhere. This request is very similar but adds an additional level on GET /report/meetings/{meetingId} giving a 1001 error “User xxxx not exist or belong to this account”
Additionally, I believe it is related to the data loss brought up in this topic (Issue with report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants API

Description
I am looking for advice on the best way to handle the following issue. The below examples have been striped of details to avoid data breaches.

I have had a API in place for a few months now which collects all the meetings from the previous day(s) then it gets the HOST_uuid. After which it recursively calls GET /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants (here) to get the participant information.

Related to data loss that occurred on March 13th, I started to record errors. I have collected about 150 meetings_UUIDs that received the below error.

What is the best way to report and get support on these? Is it secure to post the UUIDs here?

Error
{
“next_page_token”: “”,
“page_count”: 0,
“page_size”: 30,
“participants”: [],
“total_records”: 0
}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/meetings/elwQMroDR5G2MH+34PTo9g==/participants?page_size=30
  2. See error

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @sohling,

Can you try double url encoding the meetingUUID?

So elwQMroDR5G2MH+34PTo9g==

Would become:

elwQMroDR5G2MH%252B34PTo9g%253D%253D

I believe the issue is with the + symbol in the meetingUUID.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tommy ,

Oh sorry, my LTI process does this automatically when calling the API.

I went ahead and did it thru the “Send a Test Request” at the bottom of the page.
Here is the new request:
GET "https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/meetings/elwQMroDR5G2MH%2B34PTo9g%3D%3D/participants?page_size=300
(STRANGE - The topic forum page is taking the double encoded above and displaying it as something else…)

and response :
{
“page_size”: 300,
“participants”: [],
}

I have over 150 meeting uuids with this issue and some are pretty basic like
4bGxK76jRGaiZoYYsxIskw== .

Request: GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/meetings/4bGxK76jRGaiZoYYsxIskw==/participants?page_size=300

Result: {
“page_size”: 300,
“participants”: [ ],
}

Thanks,
Sean

Thanks @sohling,

Can you private message me a CSV file with all the affected meeting UUIDs and I we will repair the lost data.

-Tommy

Thanks @tommy,

Sent a message. Please let me know what you find out.

Sean

1 Like

Thanks @sohling,

Just replied. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey @sohling,

It looks like this is happening when meetings are only ~1 minute. Try testing with meetings that are longer then one minute with more then 1 participant.

Thanks,
Tommy