Get "unknown error" when trying to login in iOS simulator

Description
I’m using the ionic plugin. It is working more or less OK on a device. I switched my code to use the simulator MobileRTC framework. I am using the startInstantMeeting method to start the meeting.

The result is, it will hit onMeetingError: with error=MobileRTCMeetError_Unknown and message=“the meeting has problem. (Error code 5003)”

Which version?
v4.6.21666.0603

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Call startInstantMeeting having successfully initialized with valid API key and shared secret, and logged in with userid and password

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPad Pro (9.7 inch)

Hey @gjudd

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Error code 5003 represents a pre-meeting timeout. There are a couple things that could’ve caused this to happen so let’s troubleshoot :slight_smile: .

First, that is a good sign that the SDK initialized successfully. When you logged in with the userID and password, was onLoginReturn called? If so, was that also successful? Instant meetings must wait for the log in to reflect on Zoom’s backend before being called, is it possible the start instant instant meeting is called before the log in is completed?

Lastly, are you able to join meetings? To test this, start a Zoom meeting on your computer, or mobile device, obtain the meeting number and password, then in your ionic app call:

joinMeeting(meetingNumber, meetingPassword, displayName, options)

Thanks!
Michael

When you logged in with the userID and password, was onLoginReturn called?

Yes onMobileRTCLoginReturn: is called with 0 for the return value

Lastly, are you able to join meetings? To test this, start a Zoom meeting on your computer, or mobile device, obtain the meeting number and password, then in your ionic app call:

On trying this, I get “success” for the joinMeeting call (and onMeetingError is called with “success”). The iPad is then “stuck” at this point:

On the computer (the host) I have admitted the iPad user which is joining, and it is “stuck” with the iPad user at the “Joining” stage in the waiting room. I would attach a screenshot, but the forum software did not allow me to.

The iPad does not successfully get into the meeting.

Just to reiterate, this is only happening on simulator. The same functionality is working OK on a real device.

Hey @gjudd

Im sorry that this is happening. That must be very frustrating.

The simulator version of the framework does indeed have different limitations compared to the device version. Can you provide the SDK logs so that we can investigate this issue?

Instructions for obtaining the SDK logs can be found here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/sdk-initialization

Thanks!
Michael

Hello,

I have attached logs for the “start instant meeting” and “join existing meeting” case here:

https://redidirect-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/gjudd_stayinfront_com/Eji8-WIaTkNMglJ3kw3UP0oBR5Qa5Tz_Qtlqz3qxAh283w?e=boVOwd

Thanks for your assistance,

Gwyn

Thanks @gjudd!
I will let the team know.
Michael