Get upcoming meetings by room_id

Description
I am doing preliminary research into the feasibility of a webapp for a client. I have been researching the API docs as well as this forum and have a few elements I cannot figure out. Here are some specific requirements that I can’t seem to piece together through my findings:

1. It will need to be able to schedule meetings for a room and capture the join url for future distribution. It appears the Zoom Rooms API Schedule endpoint is the preferred way to create the meeting, but the response does not seem to include the join url or even the meeting_id to use to get the join url from a subsequent api call. What is the recommended way to handle creating a meeting for a room and capturing its meeting id?

2. There will be a job that needs to find all scheduled meetings for a particular room to send out reminder invitations. I have searched fervently to find the connection between a room and meeting to no avail. How are meetings connected to Zoom Rooms, and what endpoint should I use to find all upcoming meetings for a specific room?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hey @gman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum.

You’re on the right track here, you do want to obtain the meeting ID and then use that for subsequent API calls such as the Get a Meeting API.

If you want to obtain the meeting ID after using the Zoom Rooms Schedule API, make sure that you set a callback:

It’s important to note that there is currently an issue with the callback return where it will send the payload in the form of HTTP query parameters: request_id=123&meeting_number=1234567890

This is something our engineering team is working to fix in the near future.

You can use the List Zoom Rooms API to get a list of Zoom Rooms and the associated id. That id is the same as the User ID created as the host of a Zoom Room.

You can then use the zr_id as the User ID in your call to the List Meetings API:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.