Get users and licnce information using API

Dear Zoom Forum Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently seeking assistance regarding obtaining information about licenses within my organization through the Zoom API.

The specific requirement is to retrieve a comprehensive list of all licenses currently in use, as well as those available. I believe that utilizing the Zoom API is the most efficient way to achieve this, but I am seeking guidance on the exact API endpoints or methods to employ for this purpose.

I did not find an endpoint that retrieves the list of available licenses because the user endpoint only provides information on licenses in use, not those available for new users.

I would also like to obtain the number of logins on Zoom for each user in the organization, along with the total time of their usage. This is important as I want to assess whether we are paying for licenses of individuals who are not actively using the product.

If anyone has experience or knowledge in this area, your insights would be immensely valuable.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise. I appreciate any guidance or information you can provide.

Best regards, Steve.

Dear Steve,

To retrieve information about licenses within your organization through the Zoom API, you can utilize the Zoom REST API. Here are some API endpoints and methods that may help you achieve your goals:

1. List All Users in an Account:
  • Endpoint: GET /users
  • This will give you a list of all users in your account, along with information about their licenses and usage.
  1. Get User Details:
  • Endpoint: GET /users/{userId}
  • Replace {userId} with the user’s ID obtained from the list of users. This endpoint provides detailed information about a specific user, including license details.
  1. List Meetings for a User:
  • Endpoint: GET /users/{userId}/meetings
  • This endpoint will give you a list of meetings for a specific user, including details like start time, duration, and participants.
  1. List Meeting Participants:
  • Endpoint: GET /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants
  • Replace {meetingId} with the meeting ID obtained from the list of meetings. This endpoint provides information about participants, including login times.
  1. List User Licenses:
  • Endpoint: GET /accounts/{accountId}/users
  • This endpoint provides details about the users in an account, including license information.

Please note that you need to authenticate your requests using JWT (JSON Web Token) for these API calls. Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access user and account information.

For more detailed information, including parameters and response formats, you can refer to the Zoom API documentation.

Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions about implementing these API calls or if you need further assistance. Good luck!

Best regards, [Your Name]