GET webinars Polls API returns answers empty

Hi,

I created a poll with the POST API then I tried to get the poll with the GET API.
However I found that the GET API returns the answers parameter empty.

So I would like to know that is the API’s bug or not.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /webinars/{webinarId}/polls
GET /webinars/{webinarId}/polls/{pollId}

Hey @yuki_hashimoto,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. The API will only return the poll if the meeting had two or more participants and if the meeting has already ended.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

The API will only return the poll if the meeting had more than or more participants and if the meeting has already ended.
Sorry, I am not asking about getting the poll result.

I would like to make the CASE2 below clear.
Is that technically correct and performed as specified?
(To design our product I need to know whether it’s performed as speficied or not)

CASE1:
Setting polls using the POST API then get the polls using the GET API
Result : the GET API returns all response parameters.

CASE2:
Setting polls on “Schedule a Webinar” screen on zoom.us then get the polls using the GET API
Result : the GET API returns response parameters except for “Answers”. (“Answers” are empty)

In this case, why the GET API does not return “Answers”?
Plus, I tried to get the polls using the GET API after its webinar has been done however still the GET API does not return “Answers”.

API:
POST /webinars/{webinarId}/polls
GET /webinars/{webinarId}/polls/{pollId}

Additonally, I would like to know designed usage of the API.
I would like to use the API to make a modal which performs like “Schedule a Webinar” screen on zoom.us.
Is this usage expected?

Thanks,
Yuki Hashimoto

Hey @yuki_hashimoto,

Thank you for explaining the issue you’re seeing, I was able to reproduce CASE2 and have since reached out to our engineering team for clarification.

Yes, you would want to make a form that contained information to use with the Create a Meeting API. In order to create a meeting for a user on another account, you’ll want to publish an OAuth App.

Let me know if that helps. I’ll get back to you when I hear more from our team.

Thanks,
Max

Hi, @MaxM

Let me know if that helps. I’ll get back to you when I hear more from our team.

I am looking forward to hearing that from you.

Thanks,
Yuki Hashimoto

Hey @yuki_hashimoto,

Thank you for your patience. Our team got back to me and indicated that this is due to a known issue. They are working to resolve the issue ASAP.

In the meantime, there unfortunately is not a workaround. (ZOOM-288555)

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

Thank you for your patience. Our team got back to me and indicated that this is due to a known issue. They are working to resolve the issue ASAP.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I understand the situation and my question has got solved.

Thanks!
Yuki Hashimoto

Glad @MaxM could help you out! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.