getCurrentMeetingUrl() returning null

Description
After starting the instant meeting with email login, ZoomSDK.getInstance().getInMeetingService().getCurrentMeetingUrl(); is returning null always. I tried with the sample app and it returns null.

Which Android Client SDK version?
v5.5.1.1319

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Pixel 4

Hi @nikithabagalkoti, thanks for using our SDK.

Can you please verify when you are trying to retrieve the URL? If it is immediately after attempting to join/start a meeting, it will be null as there are some asynchronous operations which must be carried out before it can be accessed.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
Yes, i am trying to retrieve after starting the meeting. Is there a callback or listener i can add for startMeeting? When startInstantMeeting is called, zoom video call starts. When & where it should be retrieved?

TIA.

Hi @nikithabagalkoti,

Yes, there is a callback that can be used to inform you of any updates related to the status of the meeting you are starting. Before calling startMeeting, you should create and assign a MeetingServiceListener instance through MeetingService#addListener. Through this listener, you should receive a callback containing a status of MEETING_STATUS_INMEETING before attempting to access any of the meeting details.

Thanks!

1 Like

You are the lifesaver. Thanks for the help!
I used the listener after starting the meeting.

meetingService.startInstantMeeting(context, options);
if(result == MeetingError.MEETING_ERROR_SUCCESS)
ZoomSDK.getInstance().getMeetingService().addListener(meetingServiceListener);
private MeetingServiceListener meetingServiceListener = new MeetingServiceListener(){

@Override
            public void onMeetingStatusChanged(MeetingStatus meetingStatus, int i, int i1) {
                    if(meetingStatus == meetingStatus.MEETING_STATUS_INMEETING)
                            meetingUrl = ZoomSDK.getInstance().getInMeetingService().getCurrentMeetingUrl();
            }
    };

That’s great to hear that it’s working, glad I was able to help! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.