getMeetingParticipants gives reason:require_meeting_owner_role

Hi, I am trying to get the meeting participants of the zoom meeting. I am doing this from a zoom app.
It only works for meetings I created, but I want to do that for other meetings I join.

When I call zoomSdk.getMeetingParticipants I get the error Unhandled Promise Rejection: Error: No Permission for this API. [code:80003, reason:require_meeting_owner_role] white_check_mark

Is there any other permission I need to set to get this api to work for meetings I did not setup? Or what is the way to get these particpants?

@blessanm86

There are certain methods of the Zoom Apps SDK that are restricted to meeting owners. This is communicated with the Supported roles item for each method in our Zoom Apps SDK documentation.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.22.40 PM

However, participation data can also be found with our REST APIs. If you search the keyword: participants, you should be able to see what APIs are available and what scopes these APIs require.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.26.13 PM

Data privacy is extremely important to us so we must enforce scoped access while requesting participation/user information.

Hmm I see. I dont quite understand the reason for putting restrictions for the zoomSdk api.
I work for a HR company and I understand privacy issue.

While I am in a meeting, I just want to open my zoom app, get the meeting participants and list additional info of them in the panel so I know who the attendants are. All of these attendants are from the same business account.

I already authenticate myself when I install the app. I also have this information when I join a meeting with the desktop client. Then why put this artificial limit programmatically? I believe I should be able to use this api within business accounts.

I’ll try the rest route but I feel its just additional hops just to get the data thats already in the client.

@blessanm86 I totally hear and understand your frustration. I will bring it up to our Zoom Apps SDK team and respond with any feedback I get.

@blessanm86 at this time it doesn’t look like we’re going to modify the required scopes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.