Getting 404 for invalid meeting id when CREATING meeting

I am trying to create a meeting via the API. I am sending a POST to:

https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{user id}/meetings

Containing the following payload:

{"type":2,"topic":"Testing Meeting","start_time":"2020-05-26T16:30:00Z","timezone":"America\\/New_York","duration":"30","settings":{"join_before_host":true,"use_pmi":true}}

I am getting the following response:

{"code":3001,"message":"Meeting 9647235715 is not found or has expired."}

When I make API requests to /meetings/9647235715 or /past_meetings/9647235715/instances I do not get any results.

I don’t understand why a POST request to CREATE a new meeting would return a 404 for an invalid meeting id.

Please advise, thanks!

Hey @apps_support,

Can you try removing the "use_pmi":true property or set it to false.

It looks like PMI (personal meeting IDs) are disabled on your account.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy. Disabling PMI does solve this problem, however, it is not the solution I am hoping for. This user is a customer of ours and in my testing using my own account, then PMI is disabled in my Zoom account I can still create meetings via your API with use_pmi=true. The setting is just ignored by Zoom. We seem to get two errors for this particular user, one is the above mentioned 404, the other is the “Invalid Parameters” API response. However, I am unable to recreate this error on my own test account, even when use_pmi is disabled and admin locked. Any idea why it is only a problem for this one user?

Hey @apps_support,

Can you send these details including the meetingID and the one userID to developersupport@zoom.us so we can investigate further?

Thanks,
Tommy