Getting Audio Recording Per Registrant

Description
I am having trouble while trying to get audio recording per registrant.
I can see the multiple audio files recorded per registrant voice on my local computer, but I couldn’t find it uploaded to the cloud.
There is an option on my account setting called Record a separate audio file for each participant who speaks and this worked exactly what I wanted. But this saved recordings only on my local computer.

I checked the Recording Event Webhook for getting any idea of how the recordings work in cloud.

Here is the completed meeting webhook result.

{
“id”: “a6b332f9-2246-49e5-913e-588adc7f0f5f”,
“meeting_id”: “bpKUheqtRLifLBcIYVJLZw==”,
“recording_start”: “2019-07-23T22:14:57Z”,
“recording_end”: “2019-07-23T22:15:41Z”,
“file_type”: “M4A”,
“file_size”: 246560,
“play_url”: “https://zoom.us/recording/play/Oaevut8LSACCCCCCCCnnnnnnnnbbbb”,
“download_url”: “https://zoom.us/recording/download/Oaevut8LSACCCCCCCCnnnnnnnnbbbb”,
“status”: “completed”,
“recording_type”: “audio_only”
}

There is only meeting recording url, not individual audio recording file per participant.

Is there any solution or API for getting the multiple audio files recorded per registrant?

Thank you!

Hi @tiop08317, separate audio files are currently only a feature of Local Recording. When added to the cloud, these files are returned as a single file.

Hi @michael.zoom. Thank you for your reply.

Well Can you please tell me if I can get this audio stream using the Native SDK?

Here if I can get this stream or audio file, then I can upload this to my own cloud storage.

Thanks

Hi @tiop08317, I believe this is only in beta testing for the SDKs. We’re working on making this widely available.

https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/protocol_mobile_r_t_c_audio_raw_data_delegate-p.html

You can also get this data via the Live Streaming REST API

Hi @michael.zoom
Thank you so much for your fast reply.

1. Can you please tell me if this MobileRTCAudioRawDataDelegate is available on WebSDK version?
    especially the events like onMobileRTCMixedAudioRawData to get stream data.
    Because I can see the js file for WebSDK is uglified or bundled.
  2. Also using this Live Streaming REST API, I was testing if I can get individual participant’s audio data from this stream. Can you please tell me if this contains audio channel per participant?

Thank you

Hey @tiop08317,

This is not currently availble on the Web SDK.

Currently the streams are not separated per participant, but you could use something like https://obsproject.com/ to do this.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @daniel-zoom,

For private messaging, please email developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @daniel-zoom,

Yes we will get to you asap.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy and @michael.zoom!

I was wondering this very same question.
I am analysing the Zoom API.
Are there any plans to enable multitrack (multiple channels) in Cloud Recordings? If so, when? If not, why?

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo

Hey @rlvrs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Currently, this is not on our Developer Roadmap but I’m not aware of any reason that would prevent us from adding the feature. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for that, @MaxM!

I will do that soon enough for sure!

With regards to @tommy answer, in what way can we use OBS to enable this?
I did try to create a streaming service locally using Nginx, but the output does seem to be mono channel as well…

Thanks,
Rodrigo

Hey @rlvrs,

Thank you for your question. I’m not positive what he was referring to but, off the top of my head, you could have each participant run OBS and capture Zoom or use OBS as a Virtual Camera. This would allow you to have separate streams for each participant.

I can’t think of another method that would provide you with separate streams for each participant. Maybe @tommy can offer some insight.

Thanks,
Max