Getting files from a meeting when you are not a participant in a meeting

Description
We would like to replace our conferencing system (Twilio) with Zoom. Therefore we need to programatically create a meeting for our clients to us without our presence.

We want to be able to download the audio (split by participants) to our S3 bucket even if the host isn’t in attendance on the meeting

Error
We are struggling to figure out a way to create this behaviour

Hey @prosapient

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This didn’t help I am afraid

Hi @prosapient,

Happy to shine some more light on the options available to you.

First, regarding creating a meeting on your clients’ behalves, this will require an OAuth app/authentication so that they can grant you permission to access their details. You’ll then be able to use our Create Meeting API to execute on scheduling a meeting where you can designate them as the host.

In regards to downloading the audio, you will be able to do this using our Cloud Recording API — however, it is not possible to get the audio file per participant. If you wish to do this, you would need to use a 3rd party tool to splice the data afterwards. The video and audio recordings will be automatically sent to the meeting host’s account.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have additional questions!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.