Getting info about Zoom plan

Is there a way to receive the following info about user subscription using REST API

• number of Organizer licenses allowed for the account
  • number of attendees who can join the web-meeting allowed in the account
  • type of the plan: basic, professional, business

We just had a conversation with your sales team and your sales engineer told us there’s such a method. Could you let us know where we can get more details about it?

Hi @roman.t,

You can use the Retrieve Plan information API to get the info about user subscription that you need.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. Yes, that’s true for sub-accounts.

Roman who initiated this thread has been blocked for some reason. Let me give you some more detail on what we want. We need to retrieve information about user plan for users who have account with Zoom not for subaccounts.

We are LMS vendors. We built integration of our LMS with Zoom using REST API and created an app for your marketplace. Our customers will buy a Zoom account and enter their details in our LMS. Then they can start creating events and organizing meetings using Zoom right from our LMS.

We need information about the number of hosts allowed for their account type and the number of participants.
In case they schedule concurrent meetings and don’t have enough host licenses, we want to notify them and advice to go to zoom.us and upgrade their plan. Same for the case when the number of participants exceeds.

Do you have such a method or maybe plan to add it?

Hello,

thanks for your reply. Yes, that’s true for sub-accounts.
However, we need to retrieve information about user plan for users who have account with Zoom not for subaccounts.

Here’s what we want.
We are LMS vendors. We built integration of our LMS with Zoom using REST API and created an app for your marketplace.
Our customers will buy a Zoom account and enter their details in our LMS. Then they can start creating events and organizing meetings using Zoom.

We need information about the number of hosts allowed for their account type and the number of participants.
In case they schedule concurrent meetings and don’t have enough host licenses, we want to notify them and advice to go to zoom us and upgrade their plan.
Same for the case when the number of participants is exceeded.

Hi @michael_p.zoom ,

We are also using Zoom APIs for the platform that we are building and our requirement is also similar to as explained by @irina.chumanova .

We are not able to use Master API to retrieve plan information for a Zoom User. (with a basic zoom account who has authorized their account with Zoom to login to our platform).

Can you help if there is any such API or method available to achieve the plan information and number of attendees allowed in a meeting based on the plan subscribed by the logged-in user ?

Hey @sheetal,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. To get information about the plan of a Sub-Account, try using our Get Account Billing Plan API:

Thanks,
Max

That doesn’t seem to answer the question @MaxM. Is there any way to retrieve the account plan when not using a master account? I have access to a Zoom account via oauth in my integration but as some features are not available on the free plan (for example adding a registrant to a meeting), I need to code the integration differently depending on the Zoom plan. Doing an API call to get an error is a bit awkward way of achieving this. It would be better if I could retrieve the Zoom plan and act accordingly.

Hey @espen,

Thanks for clarifying. We don’t have an API for this when interacting with regular accounts but I think that would be a valuable feature! If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

In the meantime, I recommend using the Get a User API to check if a user is licensed. When using a User Managed app this should give a good idea of the user license you are dealing with.

When using an Account Level app, you can call that API for the user that installed the app to confirm they are licensed or basic and therefore what they have access to.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for the info @MaxM. Will look into this.

Glad Max could help!