Getting Real Time Audio From Meetings

Is there a way to access ongoing meetings real time audio data using APIs?
There is cloud recording available from zoom, but we don’t want to wait till it being processed.
I want to process those data real time.

What I want to do is mimicking zoom’s meeting bot which is described here

Is Zoom’s Meeting Bot based on Desktop Client?
And how can I join meeting with token issued with /meetings/{meetingId}/jointoken/local_recording?

BTW I recognized there is some Zoom Apps on marketplaces processing real time audio data to provide transcripts or so. What option should I look for to do the similar things?

Hi @sungpah_lee ,

Please check out this post and a few others on our forum when you search “live audio” :slight_smile:

Let me know if this helps!

Hello @gianni.zoom
I want to know more about not just streaming options rather how can I join with Meeting SDK powered app using token issued with /meetings/{meetingId}/jointoken/local_recording.
Could you give me some more detail about that?

Thank you!

@sungpah_lee, happy to break down how you could build a meeting bot.

1. Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
  2. Use either the Windows or Mac Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
  3. Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
  4. This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
  5. Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.

Another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get the raw audio/video from meetings + output video/audio without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hello @amanda-recallai .
I am Japanese full stack developer.
I am gonna create the zoom bot using the Recall.ai api.
But I can’t sign up. There is no sign up button in your webpage.
So I can’t get the api key.
Please help me .
I am very urgent.
Thanks you.
Best regards.

Hey @blacktigerbusinesswo! There should be a button that says “Book a demo” on the https://www.recall.ai/ website. That’s what you need to click to get an API key.

Let me know if you see it?

Hello @amanda-recallai .
Thanks for your reply.
I have only personal address.
Could you let me know how to get the api key with out work email?
Thanks.
Best regards.