Getting real-time (or recorded) video of each participant in a meeting

Hi everyone,

I am trying to access the video of each participant in a zoom meeting. I am currently developing a machine-learning algorithm to do a sentimental analysis of the class by their facial expressions.

Is it possible to get the video of each participant by Zoom API or SDK.?

If it is possible to get it in real-time, it would be better; if not, a recorded video of each individual would also be great.

Thanks guys!!

Hi @alvaromila9 , you can try using our native (macOS, iOS, Android, Windows) Meeting or Video SDKs raw data capabilities to capture this behavior.

Check out this thread and our docs for Meeting SDK across the client types it’s available for.

Here are the docs for Video SDK for iOS, but t’s also available for MacOS, Windows and Android: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/ios/advanced/raw-data/

Thank you!

@alvaromila9, you can access the video of each participant in a meeting with a bot.

If you’re using the Zoom Raw Data SDK, these are the steps:

1. Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
  2. Use either the Windows or Mac Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
  3. Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
  4. This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
  5. Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.

Finally, another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response, Amanda!
I will try it!

Thank you, Gianni!
I will definitely try it!

Thank you @amanda-recallai for your contributions to the Zoom Developer community!

@alvaromila9 dm me here so that we can discuss more. Thanks

To obtain real-time or recorded video of each participant in a meeting, you can use video conferencing platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google Meet, each of which offers various features for this purpose. Here’s how you can achieve this on Zoom:

Getting Real-Time Video of Each Participant:

1. Start or join a Zoom meeting.
  2. As the host or co-host, you have the ability to see participants’ video in real-time.
  3. If you want to see multiple participants simultaneously, you can choose the “Gallery View” option, which displays video feeds of multiple participants on the screen.

Recording a Meeting:

1. To record a Zoom meeting, click on the “Record” button that’s usually located in the Zoom meeting controls. If you’re the host, you should see this option.
  2. The recording will capture the video, audio, and screen sharing content of all participants.

Accessing Recorded Meeting Video:

1. After the meeting ends and the recording is processed, you can access the recorded video. By default, Zoom saves the recording to your local device.
  2. You can also configure Zoom to save the recording to the cloud if you’re using a paid Zoom plan with cloud recording features.

Keep in mind that your ability to record a meeting and access recorded video may vary depending on your Zoom plan and settings. Ensure that you have the necessary permissions and settings in place.

If you’re using other video conferencing platforms like Microsoft Teams or Google Meet, they offer similar recording features, though the exact steps may differ. Always refer to the specific platform’s documentation or support resources for detailed instructions on recording meetings and accessing recorded video.
Same issues with my site BoxesGen