How can I create a Zoom Bot that joins meetings and interacts as a participant?

For example, the Read AI Zoom App is able to join the meeting, post to the meeting chat, and process the live video feed. App Marketplace

What API / SDK’s are used here?

I see that retrieving meeting chat in realtime is unsupported How to get the chat messages of a meeting in real time is this still the case?

1 Like

@evan.cheng Hi, hope you will be fine. For Zoom Bot development to access meeting streams is only available with Zoom native SDKs (Windows, macOS).

If still have any query please ask.

@evan.cheng, happy to share how to build a meeting bot that joins meetings and interacts as a participant.

If you’re using the Zoom Raw Data SDK, these are the steps:

1. Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
  2. Use either the Windows or Mac Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
  3. Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
  4. This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
  5. You can also use the raw data SDK to send chat messages.
  6. Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.

Finally, another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings and interact with participants without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hey Evan.

Were you able to achieve this?

if yes how did you do it?

@wandaai,
Happy to help here! What exactly are you looking to accomplish? Please provide as much detail about your use case as possible.

“I am experiencing the same issue. I need to know how to create a Zoom bot that can join meetings, interact with other participants, and automatically obtain all necessary data such as participant details and recordings. Which API should be used from Zoom for this task? Our product needs to display all recordings in the call pages.”

@aadarshkumarhappy, happy to share how to build a meeting bot that joins meetings and interacts as a participant.

Here are the steps:

1. Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
  2. Use either the Linux Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
  3. Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
  4. This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
  5. Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.

Finally, another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings and interact with participants without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

@aadarshkumarhappy,

You can create a Zoom bot using the Zoom Meeting Web, Linux SDK, Web, or Windows SDK. These SDKs allow you to programmatically enable a bot to join a meeting. This can be achieved by either exposing the ‘Join’ methods through an API or running the SDK as a command-line tool or service. There are several sample apps available for reference to guide your implementation, I’ve linked the below :

Zoom Meeting SDK for Windows Raw Recording Sample

Zoom Meeting Bot JavaScript sample

Zoom Meeting SDK Linux Sample App

You can learn more about implementing a compliant meeting bot here :

Meeting Bots: Accessing Media Streams

Please note Zoom has published a policy on how Meeting SDK applications can operate. This policy requires Meeting SDK applications to meet specific criteria, which will be validated through a marketplace review, in order to join meetings hosted by another account. During testing, you can join meetings within your account. However, to allow your bot to join meetings with participants outside of your account, you must submit your application for review.

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to access recall.ai but no response from them. Please is the a way to get access faster. It’s urgent

Hey @addymailtest, happy to help here!

Could you email me at amanda [at] recall.ai?

Super sorry about this slipping through - I’ll take a look to see what’s going on.

@addymailtest @wandaai @aadarshkumarhappy @all Hope you all will be fine.

Here is working Zoom Bot demo. Please (WhatsApp) me for more.

Thanks

To develop a Zoom bot that can attend meetings, communicate with attendees, and fetch relevant information such as participant information and recordings, which API should be used?

If the Meeting SDK is the appropriate option, please specify which one - web, windows, or linux - and provide a step-by-step guide or blueprint .

step-by-step guide or blueprint .

^ this is a step-by-step guide and specifies the Linux SDK.

Which SDK is easier for beginners and faster to use: Linux or Windows here?

@aadarshkumarhappy,

In my opinion, Linux SDK is easier to work with when it comes to Zoom Bot implementation.

If the host is recording a Zoom call on the cloud, is it possible to obtain their recording and metadata? If so, what system do we need to implement?

Hi, what kink of command line you mentioned? you have any links? Thanks!

Yes , here is the link to the GitHub repo: