For example, the Read AI Zoom App is able to join the meeting, post to the meeting chat, and process the live video feed. App Marketplace
What API / SDK’s are used here?
I see that retrieving meeting chat in realtime is unsupported How to get the chat messages of a meeting in real time is this still the case?
@evan.cheng Hi, hope you will be fine. For Zoom Bot development to access meeting streams is only available with Zoom native SDKs (Windows, macOS).
If still have any query please ask.
@evan.cheng, happy to share how to build a meeting bot that joins meetings and interacts as a participant.
If you’re using the Zoom Raw Data SDK, these are the steps:
- Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
- Use either the Windows or Mac Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
- Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
- This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
- You can also use the raw data SDK to send chat messages.
- Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.
Finally, another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings and interact with participants without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.
Let me know if you have any questions!