Google/protobuf

I have a doubt in the following documentation

Rebuilding zoom node file

If you are building your own version of the Electron SDK, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Download the protobuf 3.4.0 source file and rename the src folder to protobuf_src.
  2. Copy the src folder into the lib/node_add_on folder.
  3. Run the build_nodeaddon script:

What i did is i have downloaded the source code(zip) file of protobuf from this link Release Protocol Buffers v3.4.0 · protocolbuffers/protobuf · GitHub. Extracted it and copy the src folder and renamed it to protobuf_src and placed this protobuf_src inside lib/node_add_on

Now when I run “>run_demo_win.bat” the following error occurs-

"zoom-sdk-electron-5.7.1.643\lib\node_add_on\electron_sdk.pb.h
(10,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘google/protobuf/port_def.inc’: No such file or directory [c:***\zoom-sdk-electron-5.7.1.643\build\zoomsdk.vcxproj]

Please help

I had the same issue, you have to use a recent version of protobuf(>3.17), port_def.inc doesn’t exist on version 3.4.0. Seems that the Zoom documentation is outdated…

But I am seeing another error:

fatal error C1189: #error: This file was generated by an older version of protoc which is path\to\zoom-demo\zoom-sdk-electron-5.7.1.643\build\zoomsdk.vcxproj

Would appreciate if you can solve this issue.

Any updates?
Having the same issue as @green-mint

the correct version is GOOGLE_PROTOBUF_VERSION 3013000
https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/archive/refs/heads/3.13.x.zip

is hidden in
.\lib\node_add_on\electron_sdk.pb.h

with this the build works fine !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.