Got Further with the demo app

Description
I have made progress with the video SDK thanks to Jon. However now when I create a session, I get an error 2003 and ‘detals’ of 16. 2003 appears to be ZMVideoSDKErrors_Meeting_Join_Failed. 16 seems to be a mystery!

Still feels like I’m missing a prerequisite.

What failed? Is the connection to the zoom server rejecting my request?

Any info would be appreciated!

Which Desktop Video SDK version?
zoom-video-sdk-macOS-1.1.0

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to ‘…’
  2. Click on ‘…’
  3. Scroll down to ‘…’
  4. See error

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @jcebasek,

Glad to hear you’re making progress! Based on the error code you are seeing, it is possible that the JWT you are using to start the session has expired. Can you please confirm that the token is still valid?

Thanks!

Hi Jon:

I just regenerated the token it works now. So chalk that one up to “problem between user and keyboard” :frowning:

Thanks for your time

John

I’m glad to hear it’s working now!

Please let me know if you run into any other issues. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,
I also have the same problem and I thought it was the fault of the token, but I made several attempts and it keeps giving the 2003 code but I’m on Windows.

Takabrycheri:

Check the format of the token’s payload, it has to be:
{
“app_key”: “your app key”,
“user_identity”: “User Name”,
“iat”: 1626782981,
“exp”: 1626955771,
“tpc”: “SessionName”
}

Use https://www.epochconverter.com to get the current time and put that value into ‘iat’ and then get an epoch that’s two days into the future (so scroll down a bit until you see a bunch of edit fields, and add two to the days edit field and press return get the epoch for that date. There are two epochs one with 3 zeros at the end and one without. Use the one without the 3 zeros at the end. That goes into ‘exp’. Also, we didn’t have success with a token that was more than 2 days ahead.

Generate your token at jwt.io. Don’t forget to put your sdk secret into the light blue part of their window.

In the Zoom SDK Sample App, put the encoded token (as a string) into the token field (on the Mac, there’s a gear icon to get to that dialog, don’t know about Windows), the session name, into the session edit field (in the case above, it’s SessionName) and into the User name field, the string “User Name”. We didn’t have to set a password. Then click Create Session. That got things running for me.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

John

Hi @Takabrycheri,

Can you please provide the JWT you are using with your developer credentials edited out so that we can verify whether or not it’s structured correctly?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.