GPU0 caused sharing crashed

Description
My computer has two graphics cards, integrated and independent. Zoomsdk uses Gpu0 by default when I’m not doing anything. But in some cases, using Gpu0 caused my program to crash. So, is there a way for me to start zoomSDK in code using the specified graphics card

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?
windows v5.9.3.3191

Screenshots

1 Like

Hi @xinheblue,

The SDK does not provide the ability to select a specific GPU on your machine, but you can toggle hardware acceleration by calling EnableHardwareEncode.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom
Okay,In that case, I will tell you my computer model,Lenovo Y7000P 2021.The crash occurred when I repeatedly used the screen Share feature on this computer. Can you fix or improve this problem?
Thanks!

Hi @xinheblue,

We can definitely look into the cause of the crash itself. Let’s get some additional information:

1. Are you able to reproduce this crash using the SDK sample app?
  2. Is this crash present with the default UI or a custom UI?
  3. Can you provide the crash dump?
  4. What are the exact steps to reproduce?

Thanks!

Hi ,@jon.zoom
Sure, if you follow my steps, you will definitely meet .
1.I used Default UI
2.Two participants are required to enter the meeting. Lenovo y7000p 2021 is required for number 1 and no limit for number 2 .
3. In the meeting, let Number 2 share the screen first and then turn it off.
4. Let number 1 turn screen sharing on and off repeatedly.

There are log files and dump files in my computer, but I don’t know how to upload them .

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom
According to my steps, do you meet the problems I described? Anyway, please give me an answer.
Thanks!

Hi @xinheblue,

For the log files and crash dump, you can either upload them through a file sharing service or attach them to a ticket through our developer support site. If you choose the latter option, please let me know the ticket number so I can locate it.

Thanks!

Hi @xinheblue,

Thanks for providing that. We’ll investigate and let you know once we have any updates.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom
Did you reproduce the problem I described?

Hi @xinheblue,

As it turns out, we are unable to access the logs through that site. Can you please try uploading them through a ticket on our developer support site?

Thanks!

Hello, @jon.zoom
Have you made any new progress? Can you confirm the willingness of this question?

Hi @xinheblue,

As mentioned in my last reply, we are unable to access the logs you’ve provided. Please upload them through a ticket on the developer support site and let me know the ticket number so we can investigate.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom
I’m sorry that I ignored your last words. I re-uploaded the log file to Google web disk. You can try to download it.

Hi @xinheblue,

Absolutely no worries! Thanks for uploading the logs to drive. I can definitely access them now, so we’ll investigate and keep you updated.

Thanks!

hi @jon.zoom
Did you verify the problem I described? Is there any new progress?

Hi @xinheblue,

Based on the information provided, this crash does not appear to be caused by our SDK. It is possibly an issue of conflicting drivers, but as this is outside of the scope of our SDK we cannot assist any further without additional evidence that this is caused by our SDK.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom
I’m pretty sure you’re right. Because that’s the graphics driver for it. When I had two graphics cards on my computer, the ZoomSDK chose the wrong graphics driver, causing the program to crash.
So I need you to either make it compatible with different graphics drivers or let me choose which one I want to use.

The problems I’ve described are not just in my app, but even in your demo. You can use Zoom on the same computer, but you can’t use the ZoomSDK.
I can’t say to my customers, “Your computer can’t use our app, destroy it.” Isn’t it?

I know this is a little difficult for you. But I chose ZoomSDK because Zoom is a very stable app, which makes me feel reliable.
But now, on the same computer, Zoom works, but the ZoomSDK Demo crashes. This is the evidence I give.
I can’t provide technical help, but I can provide my equipment information in as much detail as possible.

GPU0: Intel(R) UHD Graphics.
GPU1: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU.
PC: Lenovo y7000p 2021
SDK Version: windows v5.9.3.3191

Hi @xinheblue,

Thanks for clarifying that you’re able to successfully run Zoom on the same machine. The SDK and the client share many of the same components, so they should function similarly in this regard. We’ll need to investigate this further and see why the behavior is different in the SDK. I’ll let you know once we have any updates.

Thanks!