Guide for a teaching app

Description
Hi guys, I would like to have a step-by-step (simplified) roadmap that I should follow to implement this type of service: let’s assume that I’m building a language teaching web app (like Italki). A teacher should be able to start a meeting and his student should be able to join it. Then, the meeting took place.
I have a couple of questions:

• Is this possible with the web SDK?
  • Every user should sign in on the website with the Zoom account? Or maybe I should create a custom account and then add users in it? I would like to let them sign up on my website with email/password and nothing else, is this possible?

Thanks to everyone for the help! Have a great day

Hey @matteo.montalbetti3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. The Web SDK sounds like a great option for this!

Please see our guild on how to building with the Web SDK as well as our Sample Web App.

If you wanted to authenticate users, you would build your own authentication into your site and use that to federate access to the meeting/sdk.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @MaxM ,

first of all, thank you so much for your reply. I’m glad to hear that this SDK could be the one for me! I’ll immediately check out those two guides that you shared with me, thanks!

About the authentication, could you explain to me a little bit what do you mean with “federate” access? Also, a teacher can host a meeting for more than one student? It is correct to say that the one that create the meeting should have a Zoom account too?

Thank you again for your time, have a great day!

I am a teacher and working on embroidery stuff. I am suffering alot due to online classes. All i can say here is to wish you good luck and i will be thankful if you make such app for the teachers and students. This will be an amazing contribution from yourside in the society.

1 Like

Hey @bellaella ,

thank you for your words, wish you the best with your work!

Matteo

I’m glad that helped!

Basically, I just mean that you’ll want your own authentication system built into your app so you can prevent users from accessing certain pages without logging in.

Yes, the host of the meeting will need a Zoom account and if the user creating the meeting is different from the host - they will need a Zoom account too.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.