Help finding right API endpoint to get webinar participants

I’m trying to create an integration between Salesforce and Zoom. We created an app for the integration using a parent/admin Zoom account, which does not have a webinar license.

We can POST a webinar underneath the child accounts just fine using the /webinars endpoint, but when we try to perform a GET on /past_webinars/{webinarId}/participants we get error code: 2300, This API endpoint is not recognized.

Anyone know the correct endpoint for getting a list of past participants? Do I need to have a webinar license on the admin account to access this endpoint?

Hi @ops3
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Are you also trying to call this endpoint using one of the child accounts?
This account should have a pro or higher license and webinar add-on
Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 10.16.32 AM

If you meet the prerequisites, you could also use one of our report endpoints:

Let me know if this helps!
Cheers,
Elisa

Thanks Elisa! We are able to do the POST using the parent account. We get the error whether the app is authed through the parent account or one of the child accounts (that do have a webinar license).

I don’t see any of the report scopes in our available scopes for the app. I also don’t see any of the :admin scopes tho – maybe that’s the issue? I.E. – I have webinar:read:list_past_participants, but don’t see webinar:read:list_past_participants:admin as an option.

Right, so if you are using an admin level app, only the admin of the account will be able to authorize the app …
Make sure that the account that is trying to get report scopes, has the right setting enabled under their role.
You can do this by going to the Webportal to the Admin Tab > User Management > Roles > Admin or Dev role (depending on the role of the user) > Reports and make sure all report settings are enabled

Ah, sorry I think I used the wrong term – it’s actually the “Owner” account that we have authorized and trying to perform the get. It doesn’t look like we can customize the permissions granted to the “Owner” role, but I assume they should have reporting permissions, no?

Just make the owner verify if those settings are enabled for them please @ops3

@elisa.zoom Sorry, I don’t see a way to check the “Owner” permissions in the web portal? Or am I in the wrong place (see attached).

Hi @ops3 are you the account owner? Please reply on the DM that I sent