Hide passcode from meeting info details popup

Description
Currently, we are using Android Zoom SDK 5.2.4, We just want to hide the passcode field in the meeting info details popup. Is there Any API to hide passcode? Attached screen for reference.

Note: We used this option MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD to hide the meeting password from the top bar and customized the meeting title.

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Start the meeting and once the user enter into conference home screen
  2. Tap on the down arrow which is at the end of the topbar title
  3. Will see the meeting info dialog, check the passcode field

Screenshots

Thanks!

Hi @venkateswara.ponugot, thanks for using our SDK.

You can hide the dropdown menu that displays the meeting information by setting the following value on your meeting options:

JoinMeetingOptions options = new JoinMeetingOptions();
options.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD;

Thanks!

Hi jon.lieblich , Thanks for the reply

I don’t want to hide the dropdown, the requirement is

Case 1: Display our own title instead of meeting id in the top bar with no password

We can achieve this by using below code

Var options = MeetingOptions()
options.custom_meeting_id = “Our own title”
options.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD

If we use this code then for the top bar we can display our own title in the place of meeting id with no password. Please refer to the below screen and currently, this is fine.

Case 2: When the user tap the down arrow button next to the meeting title displaying meeting info details with meeting id and passcode

I want to hide the passcode, meeting id from this meeting details popup

As you suggested if I use the below code then case #1 failed for the attendee(refer to the below screen 2) and for the call host still, the passcode will show in the meeting details popup(refer screen 1)

JoinMeetingOptions options = new JoinMeetingOptions();
options.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID + 
MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD;

So, I don’t want to hide the down arrow from the top bar, I want to hide the meeting id, passcode from the meeting info detail popup.

Thanks!

Screen 2 for case #2.

Hi @venkateswara.ponugot, thanks for the additional info and screenshots.

Currently, the default UI does not support controlling the visibility of specific pieces of data within one view. For that level of granularity controlling the layout, you would need to implement a custom meeting UI within your app.

Thanks!

Hi jon.lieblich , Thanks for more info

Could you please consider this as a feature request because currently, iOS SDK has the capability of hiding passcode using this property showMeetingPassword = true/false(from meeting options) from the meeting info detail screen?

Thanks!

Hi @venkateswara.ponugot,

I will forward this request to our engineering team and see if we can achieve feature parity with iOS on this. Keep an eye on our release notes for information pertaining to features included in our releases.

Thanks!

Hi @venkateswara.ponugot, hope all is well.

I just wanted to let you know that we have released a new version of the SDK today in which this should be resolved. Please try it out and let me know if the issues persists for you.

Thanks!

Now the passcode is hidden with the Zoom SDK 5.4.3.603.
Thanks!

Glad to hear everything is working properly now!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out if you run into any other issues with the SDK. :slightly_smiling_face: