Host cannot start meeting despite `role: 1`

Hi,

When I create users for a preplanned meeting (from the users logged on my website), the user granted host role (1) can’t start the meeting.

Error code is 3008 (“Meeting has not started”).

I use Web SDK v1.8.1, non pro plan (testing before)

Hi, we won’t subscribe to a professionnal plan if we can’t be sure we’ll be able to create meetings then give hosting privileges to our non Zoom users so they can start the meeting by themselves.

Documentation states it is possible by giving the user a profile 1 (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/build/meetings/start), but all of our tests have failed to do this.

As we can not contact support with our current free plan aimed for testing, only Zoom team answers here could make us subscribe to a professionnal plan. Please :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @Christophe,

Can you please share your Web SDK signature for a test meeting with this issue to developersupport@zoom.us so I can debug it?

Also, please provide steps to reproduce the issue so we can take a closer look. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy,

Here is the signature :

1. I create a meeting with my account, on the Zoom web interface

2. My code generates the signature for this meeting, with a role: 0 or role: 1 depending on the status of the user logged on our website (our users have no Zoom account)

3. Then the code sends a request to join the meeting

4. But an error 3008 is received in response (“Meeting has not started”), even if the user was given role: 1

Hey @Christophe,

The signature you shared, you are passing in role 0. Can you double check you are passing in role 1 to start the meeting?

You can also try using a randomly generated meeting ID instead of your PMI.

Let me know if that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
That’s right, role: 0 had been hard-coded somewhere in one file… :man_facepalming:
Sorry for the bothering and thank you for your help. I’m going further in my testing.

1 Like

Hey @Christophe,

No worries at all! Glad we found the issue! Let me know if I can help with anything else! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.