Invalid signature for meetings outside my own user

Description
Invalid signature when I use the sample web app. Trying to enter a meeting created by someone else.
Signature:

Error
{method: “join”, status: false, result: “Invalid signature.”, errorMessage: “Signature is invalid.”, errorCode: 3712}

Hey @shervink11,

If the user who owns the meeting is outside your Zoom account, you need to pass in role 0. Role 1 will not work because you cannot start Zoom meetings not owned by you.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy ,

Sorry if I was a bit unclear.
I create the meetings through the API, which the user has authorized me to do.
I then try to start the meeting with role 1. At this point, I am logged in with the user who created the meeting.
The API Key and API secret is however attached to me (shervink11@gmail.com).

So I have two users, one who has all these credentials, then a separate user that I try to start the meeting with

Hey @shervink11,

Can you try changing the role to 0, start the meeting with the host, and then use the Web SDK to join?

Let me know if that works. If it doesn’t maybe it is a different issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy

I just tried this approach. It works when I start the meeting from Zoom’s web site, then enter with role 0. But even then I can’t access the meeting with role 1.
And of course I would prefer it if the host himself could simply start the meeting from our service (with role 1)

Hey @shervink11,

You can only use role 1 (start a meeting) if the meeting is owned by the same Zoom account as the JWT App.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy

So the host needs to start the meeting outside our service, then go back to our service for it to function properly?

1 Like

Hey @shervink11,

The host can start the meeting via the start_url, which will open the Zoom App. The meeting participants who are joining will still be able to use your website to join. More info here:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy

I see. Is there any way for us to keep the host inside our application? iframe or some other solution?

Hey @shervink11,

Unfortunately not at this time. We are working on making this possible in a future release.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

this is also very important for our intergration as well. do you have any timeframe as to when this will be made possible?

1 Like

@tommy

Okay, hope you keep it at a high priority!

Hey @shervink11, @paddymandy,

We do understand the importance for this feature. We will share a timeline and version number as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy , This feature is very important for our project as well. Do you have any rough estimate by when will this be available ?
Regards

Hey Tommy,

Thanks. If we can get hold of tentative timelines, we could plan it better. Appreciate your quick response, as it seems to be a critical feature gap with websdk

Hey @saurabhpandey0, @barshatrai99,

I have requested upped priority on this feature.

Once we have a public timeline to share, it will be posted here:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.