Cannot rejoin as host after leaving meeting

Description
I want to join as host after I have exited meeting by closing the tab or reloading in websdk integration. Join with host access

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which version?
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join a meeting as host
  2. Allow some attendees to join
  3. Leave meeting.
  4. Create a new meeting signature role as “1”/host and use that to join the meeting that i left
  5. I join as a participant and someone has to transfer control of host to me

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [e.g. iPhone6]
  • Version: [e.g. 22]
  • Browser:[e.g. Chrome]

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

1 Like

Hey @prasanna8,

As it turns out, this is a know issue that we’re working on fixing. Apologies for the trouble—we’ll let you know once we have an update on resolving this! (CS-2192)

Thanks,
Will

HI @will.zoom,

Is there any target date for the release of this fix? This is actually a critical issue on our side.

Regards,
Lara

Hey @lfrancia, @prasanna8,

With version 1.8.0, if the host gets disconnected, use the same host signature (passing in role 1) and they will rejoin the meeting as the Co-Host.

That being said, the currently functionality if the host gets disconnected, one of the participants will be assigned the Host. Once the original Host rejoins, they will be the Co-Host.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for the information. So in situation below, all will be hosts (User B will be main host, User A will be the co-host)?

1. User A join as Host
  2. User B join as Guest
  3. User A left the meeting making User B as host
  4. User A rejoins the meeting

Regards,
Lara

I want to get this point clear.
So, will they rejoin as a participant if they pass in any other signature than the same one they used to host the meeting(even if the new signature is designed to be host(role = 1)) ?

@tommy

I indicated why this new behavior introduced recently (not related to web SDK version) is not acceptable here, could you please have a look ?

Hey @prasanna8,

The current functionality is if you pass in role 1, they will become the co-host. If you pass in role 0 they will join as a participant.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @lfrancia,

Correct:

1. User A join as Host
  2. User B join as Guest
  3. User A left the meeting making User B as host
  4. User A rejoins the meeting as a Co-Host

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @nvivot,

I have responded to you in that thread.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thank you for answering my question.

If all will be host, then this will really be a problem for us because it means that our clients (originally joined as guest) will be host while the original host will just become co-host. There are reasons why we set our clients as guests and not host.

I hope Zoom can find a better solution for this.

Regards,
Lara

Hey @lfrancia,

We are currently working on a better solution. I will keep this thread updated on its development. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy,

I’m doing some testing now with Web SDK v.1.8.1 and below is my test procedure.

1. User A joins as host
  2. User B joins as host (will become co-host?)
  3. User C joins as guest
  4. User A left the meeting

I am expecting that User B will be the host right after doing the procedure above. But, what happened was User C instead became the host. Is this the expected behavior? Because, I thought there is a concept of co-host on Web SDK based on your comments.

Could you please confirm?

Regards,
Lara

Hey @lfrancia,

For step 2. do you have the Co Host feature enabled for the meeting host (Host A)?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to make the co-host work after enabling co-host from our account settings. Thank you.

Lara

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

We will just wait for the update on the original issue since even as co-host, co-host cannot still promote himself to host so the problem is still there.

Regards,
Lara

1 Like

Correct. :slight_smile: I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Is there any date for when this might be fixed?

Cannot rejoin as host after leaving meeting

Hey @PQAITSupport,

We do not have any updates to share yet, other than we are working on this. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy