Host permissions are moved to guest when host left the meeting

I think we should close this thread. its been 2 months and the issue still exists.

Hey @rizwananwerfancy,

This is an ongoing thread as we continue to work on the solution. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

any timeline for this issue ??

1.8.1 released but the issue still exists? @tommy do you plan to resolve this Host remove issue seriously?

Hey @pavel.lychkousky,

Correct, this was not fixed in the 1.8.1 release. It will be fixed in a later release.

I will share more details when I know which release. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @rizwananwerfancy,

We understand the sense of urgency and are doing everything we can to release this in a timely matter. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Good day!
While there is a struggle with this bug, maybe you can suggest alternative solutions, imagine how now all teachers (hosts) can be blunt, leave by accident, a random student gets the host role, and that’s it. I would also be very grateful for the events on the SDK, which will be able to track all the user exits from the conference, whether it is closing a tab in the browser or rebooting or even turning off the light.

1 Like

I try to store signature of host to my db, and when host loses his permission for example reload page, he is join to this meeting via signature which stored to db, but this is solution won’t return to host his permission, may be i do something wrong???

Hey @zoom26,

For tracking who leaves a meeting, including the host, you can use the Participant Left Meeting webhook.

To have the host rejoin as the co-host, make sure to set the role to 1 when generating their signature.

Thanks,
Tommy

Teacher here. This is happening to me as of today. My temporary fix is to end the meeting and have students re-enter. Unwieldy but a possible interim path.

Hi @a.perrella,

Thank you for suggesting this workaround. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

Still happening.

Yes host can (and definitely should until this is fixed) ends the meeting to force their participants to leave (and re-join) the meeting, but it implies a bad user experience from people who has to leave the meeting to re-join.
The other alternative is to teach participants & host that participants should give the host power back to the real host when he/she is back, but again, lot of human investment for something that should be fixed quite easily since it was working before.

Will a fix be included into 1.8.2 ?

@nvivot, We’re working on addressing this, and understand the current workarounds are not an ideal user experience.

Our team is working on improving this and it’s planned for an upcoming release (CS-2192), though I don’t have a concrete timeline as of now. We’ll update this thread as we have more details.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Do you have any new feedback on the above topic. This is now becoming a very big issue. And we need Host to be able to join as the Host again and not as the guest.

Hey @vanvuuren,

We are working to release this in version 1.8.5. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy thank you so the next question will then be when will 1.8.5 be released. What is the ETA?

Regards

Hey @vanvuuren,

A rough estimate is sometime in December, but that is subject to change. We will update this page once we know the exact release date:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy do you have a date yet for the release for the new version.

Regards

Hey @vanvuuren,

Thank you for your question. At this time, we don’t have an exact date for when 1.8.5 will be released. As soon as we have more details, we’ll be sure to provide them here as well as the changelog.

Thanks,
Max

This is more than needed now. It is really really annoying and a big security issue.

1 Like