How can I get zoom video sdk?

Description
Hello ~ I have questions about zoom client SDK and video SDK.

1. Do I have to purchase zoom licenses to use ZOOM VIDEO SDK?
  2. The type of license is different between VIDEO SDK and CLIENT SDK?

I aleady downloaded ZOOM CLIENT SDK but want to know how to get VIDEO SDK

thank you!

Hi @allen3422,

To start using the Video SDK, register for a Video SDK developer account. During this setup, you’ll need a new email not connected to an existing Zoom account.

If you can’t see the Video SDK pricing, please log out of your existing Zoom account first.

After registering your account, you’ll be able to access your SDK Key and Secret and download the SDKs. Learn more about this process in the Authentication guide.

You can not access the Video SDK using your existing account if it is already enrolled in a free-trial plan, Pro plan or higher plans. You must sign up for a new account to enroll in the Video SDK plan.

More information on how to set up your Video SDK developer account can be found here.

Yes it is different.

The Video SDK is either billed in a Pay-As-You-Go format, or as a Annual Payment. With the Video SDK you are billed per minute.

The Client SDK uses the regular Zoom plans (Basic, Pro, Business, Enterprise) and billing is based on the available features and number of users.

Video SDK meetings are handled as video sessions and are not compatible with other Zoom Meetings or Webinars. Sessions are joined using the Session Name , and not a Meeting ID. Apps built with these SDKs do not have a default meeting UI, allowing for unique and custom video experiences.

The Client SDK integrates with Zoom’s Meeting and Webinar functionality and uses Meeting IDs.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Alex

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the solution @alexmayo ! :slight_smile:

@allen3422 , please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy, may I check something (I’m not a developer). Does the Video SDK enable us to get access to both the audio and video stream?

Yes @thewelshbeuller,

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like