Do you need to buy a VideoSDK license if you are only using Meeting SDK

Confused - if I only want to use the Meeting SDK to embed a Zoom meeting into my webpage, so I still need to purchase a VideoSDK account? I see no other way of getting an API ket for the MeetingSDK.

@rob.galvin,

Thank you for posting your question in the Zoom Developer Forum – I am happy to help here. To begin, the Video SDK and the Meeting SDK are separate app development kits. Down below, I will break down the difference:

Video SDK

The Video SDK provides to enrich apps with video collaboration features to connect customers and communities. Use this SDK to build apps with highly customized user interfaces along with access to raw video and audio data. I should note, the first 10,000 minutes per month are free. Also, there is a pay-as-you-go option at signing up for a new account. Down below I’ve linked our help documentation on this subject:

1. Zoom Video SDK Introduction

Meeting SDK

The Meeting SDK & Zoom API are available to all Pro, Business, and Enterprise accounts at no additional cost. Registering and activating any Basic Zoom account will automatically provide free-trial Developer access to the Zoom API and SDKs. Use this free-trial period to test Zoom services and SDK functionality. For more information about getting started with our API and Meeting SDKs, you may visit our help documentation below:

1. Developer Accounts

2. API documentation

3. SDK documentation

Comparing Zoom SDKs

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/compare

Let us know if this helps or if you have further questions.

@rob.galvin Hope you will be fine.

For Meeting Embed you only need to have an account with Zoom Meeting & then navigate to Build Meeting SDK App here once done please get your SDK Key & Secret.

Any thing still unclear please ask. Thanks