How does Zoom actually test these apps?

Description
I’ve have an app that incorporates Zoom’s Oauth and meetings. It provides additional functionality to share Zoom meetings in an enclosed system. The app work well on my and every one of my tester’s computers. No errors, sign right in.

I submit it to Zoom’s testing to get it approved and they get a "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED error. That error suggests that it is their firewall, or something internally that is blocking the connection. The testers don’t appear to have any understanding of their testing platform and just send me the same screenshot over and over.

There is no other guidance, I can’t replicate the error, and no one I’ve talked to has any idea what is happening. There is something about Zoom’s system that is causing an error and I am at a loss.

Has any one else had this error, or have any idea what is going on with it?

I’m about ready to delete this whole process rather than deal with another snarky Zoom rejection.

Error
“Request has been terminated Possible causes: the network is offline, Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being unloaded, etc”

Which App?
Knowing the app can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Be a Zoom tester

Hey @AlcheZoomy ,

Happy to help here, what is the name of your app? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy !
Alchemy Lectures, I would appreciate any help you could give, I’ve really hit the wall on this one. I’ve tested the app on every computer and account I can get a hold of and they all work fine. No matter what I change I always get the same error from the tester.

Thanks @AlcheZoomy ,

I am reaching out to the app review team to get to the bottom of this.

-Tommy

Oh, don’t worry about it. I’ve been talking to them more than either of us would really like. I got a new error message from them on Friday, and I think it might have been a break through. I’m waiting for them to give it another test, but I’m hopeful.

Thanks!

Paul

1 Like

Good to hear that @AlcheZoomy ! :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you need anything else to help you move forward in the process.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.