How keep user join zoom sdk after refresh page

Hi guys,

want to ask, how do you keep the user joining the SDK zoom when a page refresh occurs?

My website uses asp.net, I put the SDK zoom on the master page, now the scenario is like this: user A on my web page X and user B using the zoom app, they have joined the zoom, user A moves the page to page Y ( by redirecting the page and causing a page refresh), here the zoom form still appears but the zoom meeting is reset and user A has to re-join.

How to keep the meeting without reset?

Thank you,
if there is another point of view it may be conveyed.

Hey @agus.wiranata,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. By default, this isn’t something that the Web SDK supports but you may be able to accomplish it using tools in ASP.Net. One thing to try is calling the init() and join() functions on page load. This won’t keep the user in the meeting but it will ensure that they join right when they navigate back to the page.

Otherwise, a good option is to create a Single-Page Application where JS is used for routing instead of typical HTTP requests. In this fashion, you may be able to allow the component containing your meeting to continue running by hiding it as you transition routes.

Finally, you can always open up the other page in a new tab or present it in a child window so that the user is not navigated away from the meeting.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

Thank you for answering my question,
Ok, I understand what you are saying, so temporarily I will use the init () and join () method after the page loads, and maybe I will add 1 flag, namely meeting_status (on / off) which is stored in cookies to mark meetings that need auto rejoin or not (if click leave meeting).

hopefully the user is not bothered by the implementation of such a method. I will always be open to input if there are other developers out there who have suggestions and ideas for my case on asp.net

Thank you,
Agus

Hey @agus.wiranata,

I’m glad to hear that answered your questions! That sounds like a great plan. If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.