How to add new users on a Zoom account on behalf of another user

Description
My company is working on an e-learning website where schools can register and take online classes using Zoom.
We require the following flow :

1. When a school registers themselves to our app (let’s say School X), the school is asked to create a pro/higher account on Zoom.
  2. After that, our app adds new users to the Zoom account created by School X. So if there are 10 instructors in School X, we create 10 different users.
  3. These individual instructors can then create Zoom meetings through our app, so that they can host meetings for their students.

I am currently having difficulty in figuring out the second step. How can I add new users to this particular (pro/higher) account provided to me by School X? Specifically, what credentials should I ask for from the admins of School X, so that I can add users on School X’s Zoom account?

I understand that we need Client ID and Client Secret to send any request to the Zoom API. So I wonder if it is at all possible for me to add new users to the School X’s Zoom account on their behalf, and if yes, what Client ID & Client Secret should I use to create my JWT token?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
/v2/accounts/{accountId}/users

Hi @baishali95920,

Good question—to clarify, are all of these Schools/Users under 1 Zoom account, or are they under several different (separate) Zoom accounts?

If it’s the latter, you will need to use OAuth rather than JWT. But just let me know and I’m happy to point you in the right direction!

Best,
Will

Every School will have their individual Zoom accounts. All the instructors/teachers in a particular school will be added to the Zoom account of that specific school.
I still have the following questions.

1. Even if I am using OAuth, I am not sure how I can add user to these individual school accounts on the school’s behalf.

2. Can OAuth be used without publishing the app on the Marketplace? Since we are building this project for a specific client company, we cannot make it available in public.

Hey @baishali95920,

In regard to your first point, if you’re going to be adding users to an account other than your own, this will require the other account to authorize your app using OAuth, as you mentioned. When using an OAuth app, you’ll have to choose between user-level and account-level. Based on your use case, it sounds like this would require an account level app. You can find more information on the differences between user-level and account-level apps here.

In regard to your second point, while it’s possible to share an app outside of your account without publishing (for testing purposes) it’s not possible to create an app that is shared between accounts and not shared publicly.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.