How to call Zoom APIs from custom Android app?

Requirements:

• We have integrated Zoom SDK in our custom Android app.
  • We want users to create and start the meeting from our app itself.
  • The host user’s will have basic personal Zoom account.
  • We also want to get their status, if they are already in some meeting.
  • We also want to get their call logs/list of people they had meeting with.
  • We will have to store meeting id and password in our system, so other users can join meeting.

Findings:

• We checked the documentation and found that, we will have to call Zoom APIs.
  • Zoom APIs need oAuth token.
  • We can get oAuth token only if user authorise us (Adds our app in his/her zoom account) or provide consent.
  • So, we will have to create oAuth app and mention some callback URL, which is of Web.
  • This means, getting authorisation is possible only from Web.
  • Could not find any provision for that in Android SDK.

Questions:

1. Which type of Zoom App should we use? JWT App pr oAuth App?
  2. Is it possible to get authorisation from user using Zoom’s Android SDK if we integrate SDK in our custom Android app?
    If yes, please share some documentation links?
  3. If not, is there any other work around?

Looking forward to get early response.

Hey @amolkisan

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

The threads developer bot mentioned, did not help.

Hey @amolkisan,

Happy to help clarify. First, I should note that you’re correct—most of the actions you are looking to take require our APIs. Generally, our APIs are for pre- and post- meeting actions, while our SDKs allow you to manage in-meeting activity. Now, for each of your questions:

1. Which type of Zoom App should we use? JWT App pr oAuth App?

If you need to manage/access users outside of your own Zoom account, you will need to use an OAuth app.

1. Is it possible to get authorisation from user using Zoom’s Android SDK if we integrate SDK in our custom Android app?

Your authorization for API requests will need to come from either an OAuth or JWT app. If you’re using a JWT app’s credentials for your SDK implementation, but will need to access/manage user data outside your account, then you will need a separate OAuth app. If the user is under your account, you can use the same JWT credentials.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.