How to create a private chatbot in zoom?

I want to create a private chatbot in zoom for testing purpose but I’m unable to create it as it’s mandatory to Publish it. Is there any way to achieve it?

1 Like

Hi @neha.chodhwari
Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our community!
If you want to use it internally for testing purposes you can do that without publishing it.
You can develop your app and use it internally by authorizing your chatbot through the Local Test Tab

1 Like

To create a private chatbot in Zoom, start by setting up a Zoom Developer Account and creating a Chatbot application in the Zoom Developer Portal. Configure the OAuth settings to request the necessary permissions for your chatbot. Develop your chatbot, ensuring it can send and receive messages and respond to chat events. Test it thoroughly in a development environment. Prioritize security and privacy compliance following Zoom’s guidelines. Configure Redirect URL and Whitelist URL in your Zoom Developer Dashboard. Install the chatbot on the Zoom accounts where it’s intended for use, limiting access to specific accounts or groups. Integrate your chatbot with Zoom’s messaging system. Provide documentation for users on how to interact with the chatbot. Regularly maintain and update your chatbot to ensure it works smoothly. Keep in mind that Zoom’s requirements and procedures may have changed, so refer to their current developer documentation for the latest information on creating private chatbots.

1 Like

As of my last update in September 2021, Zoom required chatbots to be published, and there wasn’t a direct way to create a completely private chatbot for testing without going through the publishing process. You should check Zoom’s official developer documentation or contact their support for any updates or alternative methods that may have been introduced since then.

1 Like

Hi Elisa, Thanks for the answer. It worked for me :slight_smile: