How to create zoom bot which can join and record the meet using official zoom meeting sdk way?

To develop a Zoom bot that can attend meetings, communicate with attendees, and fetch relevant information such as participant information and recordings, which API should be used? Additionally, our product needs to display all recordings within the call pages.
If the Meeting SDK is the appropriate option, please specify which one - web, windows, or linux - and provide a step-by-step guide or blueprint .

Hello I am not sure what do you mean by “communicate” but you can use a web SDK set the recording to “‘auto_recording’ => ‘cloud’,” and use your own code to record the joining activities for participants

In the event that a Zoom call is recorded in the cloud, is it viable to acquire the recording and the associated metadata? If the answer is affirmative, what system would be required to effectuate such an outcome?

@aadarshkumarhappy,

If the Meeting SDK is the appropriate option, please specify which one - web, windows, or linux.

The Linux Meeting SDK is recommended.

and provide a step-by-step guide or blueprint .

Here are the steps to build a meeting bot:

1. Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
  2. Use the Linux Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
  3. Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
  4. This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
  5. Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.

Finally, another option is Recall.ai . It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.