How to customize meeting UI and work properly on the process?

, ,

We are trying to add a custom view to Zoom Meeting UI as given in the example2 ( MyMeetingActivity).

I am wondering why the example did not work when android:process=":zoom_meeting" in the Manifest file was changed ( this led to the failure of MyMeetingActivity )

After playing around with the Zoom Example, I was testing with my own application with the same setting ( process=":zoom_meeting"), the onCreate function in the MyMeetingActivity(Activity to add custom view to Zoom Meeting) was not called. Do I have to add some configuration in order for Zoom to work on another process?

The below is the part of the manifest of my project and file tree of the Android project.

------

<activity
android:name=“.MainActivity”
android:configChanges=“keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize”
android:label=“@string/app_name”
android:launchMode=“singleTop”
android:screenOrientation=“portrait”>
<intent-filter>
<action android:name=“android.intent.action.MAIN” />

<category android:name=“android.intent.category.LAUNCHER” />
</intent-filter>
<intent-filter>
<action android:name=“fcm.ACTION.HELLO” />

<category android:name=“android.intent.category.DEFAULT” />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
<activity
android:name=“com.facebook.FacebookActivity”
android:configChanges=“keyboard|keyboardHidden|screenLayout|screenSize|orientation”
android:label=“@string/app_name” />
<activity android:name=“com.facebook.react.devsupport.DevSettingsActivity” />

<activity
android:name=“.MyMeetingActivity”
android:hardwareAccelerated=“false”
android:process=“:zoom_meeting”/>

Hi Sungpah,

please don’t change {android:process=":zoom_meeting"}, doing this will affect Zoom’s meeting process integrity.

Zoom can not work on another process. Zoom has to run in a separate process which Zoom will control it.

Best 

I do not know what it means “not to change android: process = “: zoom_meeting””.

In the simulation, I copied the manifest file from example2 code ( Zoom Example ) and it does not work. Is there a difference between declaring the manifest file and not changing it?

I want you to tell me in detail what I did wrong (:

I am looking forward to seeing your reply.

Best

Hi Sungpah,

from the manifest file, I can tell nothing wrong about it. 

Have you add “<string name=“zm_config_conf_activity”>us.zoom.sdkexample2.MyMeetingActivity</string>” to your resource file? 

us.zoom.sdkexample is the name for your package. 

in the manifest file, you have to declare MyMeetingActivity just like our demo in sample, make sure the process of this activity is zoom_meeting.

Best

We are using the React native to put the zoom stack on Android.  In the ZoomManager module, I need to pass the some data to MyMeetingActivity, but I do not know how to pass it. Even if a listener is added, the value is not passed and the not even the static variable is. I guess that’s because MyMeetingActivity(customized skin on top of zoom with configuration of android:process=":zoom_meeting” in android manifest.) works in a different process. 

So, if we try to use BroadCastReceiver, we can not call sendBroadcast () function in ZoomManager(java module, not an activity). How do I pass the value from Java Module to Activity in the different process?

In order to make you easily understand, we hereby attach the file tree to inform you where the ZoomManger.java is located.

I am looking forward to seeing your reply.

Hi Sungpah,

How is developing going on your project? 

The question you raised previously I believe has nothing to do with Zoom SDK. Please do some research on how to pass value in Android.

Best