Join a meeting without launching new activity

Currently, I am using “meetingService.joinMeetingWithParams(this, params, opts);”

Which either launch the default zoom meeting activity or a custom UI by extending “MeetingActivity” in another activity.

is there a way to just join while staying in the same activity (keep it in the foreground) or making the zoom meeting activity a fragment that I can show in the original activity when a meeting is started and hide it afterwards.

@mohammed.aljammali

Please add the key value in the config.xml
key:zm_config_conf_activity value:You activity name which extending MeetingActivity

<string name="zm_config_conf_activity">You activity name which extending MeetingActivity</string>

Hi Fred,
this solution only gives me the option to create my own zoom new Activity. I am looking to stay in the same activity while joining a zoom meeting.

I found the solution
ZoomSDK.getInstance().getMeetingSettingsHelper().setCustomizedMeetingUIEnabled(true)

Hi mohammed.aljammali,

Thanks for the reply. Our SDK offers 2 solutions for the meeting components:

• Zoom default UI - everything is the same as the official Zoom client, but you will have limited configuration options.
  • Custom UI - Everything is under your control, you need to draw your own UI.

What Fred was suggesting is for the Zoom default UI. However, if you would like to have more controls and more customization like you have mentioned, Custom UI is the right way to go with. Glad you found the solution.

Hope this helps. Thanks!