How to determine the required fields for CREATE A MEETING?

Description
How does one know which fields are required when creating a meeting using the OAUTH api?

Specifically, when creating a recurring series of meetings, I have several options for daily, weekly and monthly and I assume some of the fields are not required based on your the TYPE of recurrence but I do not seem to see any indication of which fields are required.

For example,

Daily Meeting: (everyday for 90 days)

recurrence : {
type: 1,
repeat_interval: 90,
weekly_days: ???,
monthly_day: ???,
monthly_week: ???,
monthly_week_day: ???
end_times: ???,
end_date_time: ???
}

**Weekly Meeting: (every week on Monday and Thursday for 12 weeks) **

type: 2,
repeat_interval: 12,
weekly_days: 2,5,
monthly_day: ???,
monthly_week: ???,
monthly_week_day: ???
}

**Monthly Meeting: (Monthly meeting on the 10th of each month for 3 months) **

type: 3,
repeat_interval: 3,
weekly_days: ???,
monthly_day: 10,
monthly_week: 1,
monthly_week_day: ??? (why is this asked since monthly day would cover it?)
}

Could you show the proper format for each so I have an example of required and redundant fields?

Thanks in advance.

The Create Meeting API has no required fields. (seemed odd to me when I heard it too).

The only field REQUIRED with Recurrence, is the type, all others are optional and do not have to be included.

You only set type, and what you need to define the recurrence (leave all else undefined/blank/empty).

DAILY EXAMPLE:
If the meeting is going to happen once every 90 days, you can see that maximum in the repeat_interval, as you’ve defined.

WEEKLY EXAMPLE:
If your meeting is going to happen every week on Mon/Thur for 12 weeks, everything looks right except you need to wrap the weekly_days in quotes so it is a string.

MONTLY EXAMPLE:
If your meeting is going to happen on the 10th of every month for 3 months, your example looks right.

The other fields are there to provide flexibility in defining recurrence, but none are required.

Outside of recurrence, if you use the Tracking Field, you must provide the field property.

Does this help?

For daily I did not want every 90 days, I wanted everyday for 90 days. Is this how it should be below?

Is the repeat interval the number between the recurrence type or the number of recurrences? The way I was using the repeat_interval seems wrong in my first example but you said it was correct in the second example which is logically incongruent. Do I use end_times to delineate the number or recurrences?

Every day for 90 days would be:

end_times: 90
}

Every week on Monday and Thursday for 12 weeks

weekly_days: “2,5”,
end_times: 24
}

Monthly meeting on the 10th of each month for 3 months

end_times: 3
}

Is this new recurrence array of key-value pairs correct given my headings?

Thanks for the help.

Ah, I didn’t understand from your first post that you wanted to create a meeting that occurred EVERY DAY for 90 days sequentially.

I met with our engineers to make sure I understood this accurately, and I learned the following:

1. Any property prefixed with weekly_ can ONLY be used when type === 2 // weekly
  2. Any property prefixed with monthly_ can ONLY be used when type === 3 // monthly
  3. end_times and end_date_time CANNOT be used in the same recurrence object
  4. end_date_time is ALWAYS in UTC (so must be offset from start_time), and MUST ALWAYS occur after start_time, also it is best to use this property when setting daily recurrent meetings that run for longer than 51 days, but for daily meetings that occur < 50 times, you should use the end_times property.

Knowing what I know now, for each of your examples:

Every Day for 90 sequential Days

// Example of every day meetings for 90 days
recurrence: {
    end_date_time: <start_time{offsetUTC} + 90 days> // UTC Date String
}

Please note: In the above example, the meeting will occur every day of the week, M-T-W-Th-F-S-Su.
If you only wanted these meetings, every weekday (M-F) for 90 days, you would want to use type: 2 // weekly, and set the weekly_days and then the number of weeks you want this to occur using end_times.

Every Week (weekly) on Monday and Thursday, for 12 weeks

// Example of weekly on M/T for 12 weeks
    weekly_days: "2,5",
    end_times: 12 // # of occurrences of the WEEKLY meeting
}

Monthly meeting on 10th of each month for 3 months

// Example of monthly on 10th for 3 months, your example was correct