How to download recorded assets programatically if user sets his cloud recording setting with passcode

Description
Is there any plan to provide passcode to download recordings programatically?.
I have read here Play_url or download_url with passcode as a param not working for non logged in user? - #2 by will.zoom that “maybe” Zoom team was considering to add it into the API.

Otherwise if a user enables the settings
One of the posibilities would be asking the user to disable that setting, but we do not want to compromise security for something which could be accomplished if the cloud recording passcode were available via OAUTH api

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAUTH + Event notifications

Which Endpoint/s?
webhook recording completed events

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Zoom account with Cloud recording settings protected by passcode
  2. The url received in the Recording.completed event contains a download_url, but when hitting we get a html page which requires the passcode.

Hey @mfarache,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you are using the Recording Completed Webhook, the payload should include a download_token that you can append to the download_url that will allow you to download the recording.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks, not sure why i thought the download_token would come together within each of the file metadata payload. Reviewing my logs now i see the download_token was there! so thanks again!

Mauricio

Hey @mfarache,

I’m glad to hear that resolved your issue! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.