Webhooks recording_completed Event download_token

I can’t find an answer in the documentation so I figured I’d ask here.

What is the “download_token” string in webhook events of type “recording_completed” used for ?

Hi Aloe Engineering, 

The download_token is the token used to download the recording. Without it, you won’t be able to download. 

Thanks

Can you provide a bit more detail here?

From what I can tell, if the cloud recording is publicly available then you can just fetch the file using the download_url in the payload.

If the cloud recording is not publicly shared, then what are we supposed to do with the download_token? My hunch of adding it as a query param to the download url didn’t work.

Hi Michael,

The v2 REST API endpoint that retrieves cloud recordings does not include the download_token along w/ the download_url and play_url.

How can we access a download_url that requires a download_token from the v2 REST API ?

Hi @Aloe_Engineering,

Right now it’s best to use our Marketplace webhooks and not our v2 Webhooks as they will be deprecated in the near future. There you won’t need to use a download token to access the download_url.

Thanks

Hi Ryan

Yes adding it as a query param works, <download_url>?access_token=<download_token>.

Since I don’t see anything added to the docs on the webhooks for the download_token I’m asking this here.

When you request a meeting’s recording info through the API, (ex: /v2/meetings/uuid/recordings) you do not get a download_token for the recording files. If we then want to download the files where authentication is enforced what do we use then?

Will it work to use the oauth token in the header for the download request for a file? Or do I need to do something else?

Hey @zoom-test,

Here is how to download recordings that are private / password protected:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Can you update doc with it?

Hey @udi,

Yes we will update our docs! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy