Download recording url without passcode

Need to download/play the recording even if the user turn off the passcode option.

Description
I have built my app with oauth2 integration and in the I have using the recording.completed webhook for getting the details of the recording after it gets completed. But the issue is when the user turned in the passcode toggle then I am unable to download the recording.

So I need to know is it possible to get the recording even the user turned on the passcode toggle? Kindly let me know.

Hi @tusharjainenthu.ai ,

Happy to help! How are you trying to download the recording and what are the user’s sharing settings please?

Thank you,
Gianni

Thanks for the reply gianni.
How are you trying to download the recording? I copy paste the downloadUrl I get inside my webhook then it asks me for the passcode.

What are the user’s sharing settings? I am talking about the these settings inside Sign In - Zoom
Require passcode to access shared cloud recordings
After doing toggle on it requires passcode whenever I try to download the recording. I need that url free from this setting.

Hi @tusharjainenthu.ai ,

Are you not able to it back to turn off the password? Is the toggle greyed out? If so, who is the Admin for the associated account?

Thanks!

I am able to turn on and turn off the toggle but the issue is not everyone knows about this setting. So is there any way using api or something else I can able to download the recording without passcode or make toggle turn off using api?

Hi @tusharjainenthu.ai ,

I do not believe you can turn it off via API; you can just update the password requirements with either of these endpoints:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/accounts/accountsettingsupdate https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/accounts/accountsettingsupdate

You can also set an arbitrary password for meetings via this endpoint:

Does this help?

Best,
Gianni

Thanks gianni… Thanks for the info…
My final question is “is it required to turn off the passcode toggle in order to access the recording?” Because I am using oauth2 to get the recording data and it asks me for the passcode(because my passcode toggle is turned on). I want it to be free from that toggle.

If not possible then please confirm me So I will ask my users to turn it off before using my app.
Thanks

Hey @tusharjainenthu.ai,

When using the Get Meeting Recordings API are you using the access_token along with the download_url?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.