How to end meeting with Zoom API

Hi, I am integrating Zoom in my React web application. I use Zoom API from my nodejs backend to create an instant meeting and it was very successful until I want to end the meeting. As the screenshots below, I’m putting the Zoom call in an iframe, which I want it to show in a Bootstrap Modal. Here comes the question: How to end the meeting and close the modal?

1. Yes, I did a lot of research from the developer forum, I shall use Web SDK. But unfortunately, my web application is also using Bootstrap (Zoom itself as well) and my UI styling has messed up terribly. I have read a comment that I should host it on a separate isolated path or sub domain but for my case, I can’t do that.
  2. So, I decided to use Zoom API instead of Web SDK. I have a button for user to end meeting at the bottom (as screenshot shown). I can end the meeting (update meeting status) successfully and close the Bootstrap Modal too! BUT… what if the user click the “End” button from the Zoom controls toolbar? I can’t close the Bootstrap Modal and I will be redirected to the thank you page from Zoom. Is there any settings that I can hide the controls?

Thanks in advance!
yimei

Hi @yimeichuah,

Are you using the Zoom Web Client? If so, there’s not a way to hide the controls.

In regards to ending a meeting, you can make use of our Update Meeting Status endpoint:

This allows you to end the meeting through the API by updating its status to “end.”

If you need to end it after 1 hour, for example, you could also use of the Meeting Started Webhook/Event, and trigger that to call the above endpoint after the desired duration has passed.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.