How to get (correctly) the list of meetings

Hello,

I’m facing a little problem in getting the meetings report for my organization using the Zoom API: I can’t schedule the collection of data of the previous day on a fixed time, because there can be meetings that have started but not yet finished (on some cases, I noticed even 23 hours after the end of the GMT day…).

To work around this issue, I tried to get the list of live meetings and check if there are some meetings that started the day before and they have not yet finished. The problem with this approach is that, since we are a large organization, we usually have more than 300 meetings held simultaneously: so I have to make more than a call to the Dashboard API, and that gives me results from different sets (they sometimes have different values for “total_records”).

My question is: how can I get the complete list of the meetings held in a (past) day, and make sure that no meeting is skipped because of its length/end time?

Thanks for answering…

Hey @dave84,

When you say “held in a (past) day”, do you mean meetings that started within a day (24 hour period on GMT time)?

One solution to have more control over the data, is to use the meeting started and meeting ended webhooks.

Thanks,
Tommy

Let’s say that I have an extraction job that runs once a day to retrieve via Zoom API the data of the meetings held the day before.
If this job “today” was scheduled too early, I would miss the meetings that have started “yesterday” and not yet concluded, since they do not appear among the “past” meetings.
Anyway, those meetings wouldn’t be retrieved “tomorrow” either, because that job would then search for meetings that started “today”.

Thanks

Hey @dave84,

Perhaps a good solution would be to get meetings from “today” and “yesterday” each time and filter out the duplicates?

Thanks,
Tommy