How to pin or spotlight a video?

I’m streaming Zoom meetings to YouTube. I’m doing that via Open Broadcast Studio (OBS), so I can add additional info, like name badges (lower thirds) and other additional texts. During such a meeting I’m using a Stream Deck to switch between those name badges.
It works like a charm.

But I also want to select with the Stream Deck whose video will be pinnend or spotlighted. I guess to achieve that the Stream Deck should launch a hotkey or a script .

Is this possible and how can I make that? I’ve got limited programming experience, so any help to get started is very welcome.

1 Like

Hi @kwillems,

Our Web Client or Web SDK doesnt support streaming, however, our native client does[1]. Please contact our support team[2] and they will be able to help you with your questions.

1 - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001777826-Live-Streaming-Meetings-or-Webinars-Using-a-Custom-Service
2 - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks

Hi @kwillems,

have you found a way to switch spotlighted users through hotkey or script? I was just looking into using keyboard maestro as a go between to do this, but haven’t dug into it fully yet.

Unfortunatly not. I didn’t find anything in the documentation.

By the way: I was thinking about using AppleScript to pin or spotlight a video of a specific user.
I know little about AppleScript, but if someone tells me that this could be possible I (or someone else) can give it a shot. But either way: any help would be great.

Hey @kwillems, @robert.lloyd,

Please reach out to our product support team (support.zoom.us) so they can better assist with spotlighting video.

Thanks,
Tommy

Looking to do the same thing. It would be great if someone could share how this can be done.

Hey @cgrossman,

Thanks for your interest, here is info on spotlighting:

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m after doing exactly this with a streamdeck. Ideally TCP commands to the desktop app to select caller 1, 2, 3 spotlight on or off.

Did you get any response from techncial?

1 Like

I concur, maybe a stream deck integration app would be helpful or at least as Jonathan says some TCP commands.

I foresee a massive need for this feature to streamline zoom webinars in the near future. Unfortunately the process at present is very clunky and not user friendly for professional events.

Hey @BuckleySound, @jonathanB,

Are your questions concerning the Web SDK?

Thanks,
Tommy

I think these commands would need to be integrated into the desktop app with a TCP listener although i’s happily use the web sdk if it offered a way of spotlight control by an external controller.

Jonathan

Hey @jonathanB,

Currently you cannot programmatically spotlight a users video via the Zoom Web SDK or Zoom Client.

You can however do it with the Zoom Desktop and Mobile SDKs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Is there anyway to get this implemented in the desktop app? Is there somewhere better to ask?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hey @jonathanB,

Yes, you can use our Desktop SDKs, and ask questions here: #desktop-sdk

For questions about the Zoom Client (App) itself, please reach out to support.zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy