Share Separate Window in the Same Application

Description
I am working with a multi-window Electron application and embedding the Zoom SDK. I noticed that when I start the meeting and try to share the screen, I cannot share a different window from my own application. Is this filtered out automatically on the Zoom SDK? Is there any way I can share a different window from the same installed application?

Which version?
MacOS 10.14.5
Electron 6.1.10
Zook SDK v5.0.24433.0616

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. In the Electron app, create a separate BrowserWindow
  2. Launch a meeting via the Zoom SDK
  3. Click “Share Screen”
  4. Other windows from my same application are not available to be shared.

Hey @jackc

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not the same issue. My issue is regarding sharing a different window of the same application.

Thanks,
Jack

Hi @jackc,

Thanks for the reply. If you would like to share the window in the same application of your SDK app, you may go to Setting>Share Screen and check “Show Zoom windows during screen share”, doing so will allow the SDK to share the window of the current SDK app.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @carson.zoom,
Thanks for your response! Could you please elaborate on where I can set this for our app at the SDK level?

If I join a meeting via Zoom (completely outside of the SDK) I do see the following setting.
Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 9.58.48 PM

However, if I open the preferences inside the Zoom window launched from our SDK I do not see this setting (version info in first post of this thread):

Of course, we don’t want to rely on users making that setting change. How can we set this at the SDK level or during app initialization so that it won’t require each installed user to change the setting?

Thanks so much for your help,
Jack

@carson.zoom sorry to bug you, but just hoping to get your insight here as this is blocking our implementation.

Also, to be clear, will this allow us to share a specific window of our application from the “Screen Share” window, or just allow our application to show up when a destop is shared. The former option (sharing a specific window) is important to us.

Thank you so much for your help - I really appreciate it.

Hi @jackc,

Thanks for the reply and pardon the late response. May I confirm that your developer account has the “Show Zoom windows during screen share” enabled on the web portal?

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,
Thanks for the reply!

So I’ve only found this setting on https://zoom.us/profile/setting, which is outside the scope of the developer section of the app marketplace.

I can’t find this setting anywhere in the https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/build section.

But yes, I can confirm that this setting is checked on my Zoom account within https://zoom.us/profile/setting

Thank you so much for the help!
Jack

Hi @jackc,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, this setting is bounded with your account. If this feature is enabled on your account, then you should be able to do so. Please note that currently we do not have an interface for this feature to do this programmatically.

Hope this helps. Thanks!