How to display My App Window when sharing screen

Hello,

I want to display my application window with screen sharing, what should I do?
I’m calling EnableShowMyAppWindowWhenShare(true) after logging in by email, but SDKERR_MEETING_DONT_SUPPORT_FEATURE (20) is returned.
Are there any other steps I need to take to enable it besides logging in?

Which Desktop Meeting SDK version?
Windows(c#) v5.7.6.1081
(Edited to use EnableShowMyAppWindowWhenShare)

Thank you.

Hi @ymaenami,

It sounds like the setting is disabled for the meeting through the web portal, so the SDK cannot enable it. To get around this, you can enable the Show Zoom windows during screen share setting through your account on zoom.us.

Thanks!

Hello jon,

Thank you for your reply.
By enabling the “Show zoom window when sharing screen” setting, I was able to confirm that the app window is displayed when sharing the screen.

I have another question.
When sharing an app window, is there an option other than sharing the screen?
If possible, I just want to share the app window.

Thank you.

Hi @ymaenami,

The Meeting SDK has the same sharing capabilities as the Zoom client, so you can share a specific application/monitor/portion of the screen/etc. If you are using the default meeting UI, you can use the same approach as if you were using the Zoom client. Otherwise to share programmatically, you can find methods in IMeetingShareController.

If while using the C# wrapper you find that a piece of functionality is not implemented, you can follow these instructions to add new functions.

Thanks!

Hello jon,

I want to share my app window that uses the SDK, but I can’t select it in the “Select a window or an application that you want to share” window.
Is there any way to select it?

Thank you.

Hi @ymaenami,

The setting referred to earlier in this thread is to enable showing the Zoom meeting window when you share your whole screen. The default UI will not show your meeting window as a share option, so you would need to enable that setting and then share your screen as a whole.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.