How to set whole meeting layout inside a Fragment instead of Activity (In Android)

Description
How to set layout of meeting inside a FrameLayout using fragment. I have a fragment in which lots of things is already there. I want to set the meeting into a new fragment. And want to use these two fragment in an Activity.

Means the meeting fragment and my old fragment should be visible together in my Activity.

How to do this??

SDK version
v5.5.1.1319

Hi @vp-ecommerce,

Since the default UI provided by the SDK is built inside of an Activity, there is no way to embed it inside of a Fragment. If you need to use a Fragment in your app, you would need to implement a custom meeting UI.

Alternatively, if you are just looking to embed the meeting UI inside of your own UI and don’t care exactly how it’s being done, you can check out the example2 module within the SDK sample app for an example of how this is done.

Thanks!

Hi Jon
I have implemented example2
My problem is that I want to do meeting in my own Activity. But actually it is opening in new Activity (not in my own Activity).
I want to implement lots of things in my Activity (like fragments or more components) along with the meeting in background. I am unable to do this right now.

Hi @vp-ecommerce,

It sounds like for your use case a custom meeting UI will be required. A good place to get started for this would be our documentation for the custom UI feature. Please feel free to reach out if you need help with any specific aspects of implementing this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Where can i found the example of this custom UI implementation ?

Not just theory but the real implementation

Hi @vp-ecommerce,

The sample app included with the SDK contains an implementation of the custom UI.

Thanks!

I don’t want to implement custom UI. I just want to set the meeting UI in my own Activity.
In example2, it’s opening in their Activity. I want to use this thing but in my own Activity.

In sample app, there is lots of code. I am unable to find which code helps me to achieve my use case.

My use case is very simple, I want to set meeting UI in a container (any view or framelayout) so that I can add some more features in my activity according to my requirement.

Hi @vp-ecommerce,

I don’t want to implement custom UI. I just want to set the meeting UI in my own Activity.

This is exactly what the example2 module in the sample app is doing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please be aware that there is a sample module in that project as well, which contains a much more complex app implementing a full custom meeting UI. If you are looking to embed the Zoom UI into your own Activity, the example2 app is exactly the reference you are looking for.

In sample app, there is lots of code. I am unable to find which code helps me to achieve my use case.

The example2 app only contains 3 Java files: MainActivity, MyMeetingActivity, and Constants. Please let me know if there is anything in particular that you are looking for in this module and I will be happy to help.

My use case is very simple, I want to set meeting UI in a container (any view or framelayout) so that I can add some more features in my activity according to my requirement.

Are there any specific issues you are encountering when following the example2 app’s implementation? Please let me know so I can assist.

Thanks!

No I am not facing any issue while implementing example2.
I am saying that when meeting starts, it opens in new activity (some library activity). I want to open the meeting in my activity.
Tell me, it’s possible or not??

If my question is not clear, let me know.

Hi @vp-ecommerce,

Is the implementation inside of the example2 module not what you are looking for? It is embedding the default UI inside of the UI defined within that Activity. If it does not fit your needs, please let me know what specifically is missing so that I may better advise. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

is it possible to start meeting on my own activity (app activity, belongs project) not the library activity ?

Hi @vp-ecommerce,

What you are describing is exactly what the custom UI mode is made for. Enabling it tells the SDK not to start its own Activity, instead allowing you to assume full control of the UI you would like to show (and where you would like it to live).

Thanks!

Okay when I enable the custom UI. Then what should I follow the next steps to achieve this.

Please provide the detailed steps to achieve this.

Hi @vp-ecommerce,

When you enable custom UI mode, the SDK will not display any Views unless explicitly told to do so. Instead, you are responsible for defining the meeting UI in whatever way you see fit. A good place to get started with implementing a custom UI would be our documentation on this.

If you have any specific questions around usages of the SDK while implementing a custom UI, please let me know and I will be happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.