How to show connected time?

@jon.zoom I see in the settings of the Zoom Client that I can show connected time. Is there a call for this and if not may I ask you to request it?

Thanks!

Hi @tmiskiew, thanks for the post.

While the SDK does not have a direct interface for this, it would be very straightforward to determine this. You would simply need to make note of the time you receive the onMeetingStatusChange callback with a status of ZoomSDKMeetingStatus_InMeeting and subtract that value from the current time each time you would like to access the elapsed meeting time.

Thanks!

Great idea, thanks! We’ll try it.

Great! Please let me know if you run into any issues with this approach and we can explore other possibilities. :slightly_smiling_face:

Works however when you join a break out room the clock starts counting from the beginning.

Hi @tmiskiew,

Yes, breakout rooms certainly present and interesting edge case for this. The reason you are seeing the clock reset after joining a breakout room from this approach is because breakout rooms are technically separate meetings from the main meeting. As a result, joining a breakout room triggers the same callback you would receive when you first join a regular meeting.

If you do not wish to track the duration of the breakout rooms separately, you could add some basic state management to your application to ensure that the meeting’s start time is only written to once for each call to join/start a meeting.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.